BATTLE OF THE THRASH METAL BANDS (ROUND OF SWEET 16 VOTING THREAD)

@jimmy101 should probably get started on next genre, since the qualifying part seems to take the longest. Thrash should be pretty quick now.

@jimmy101 should probably get started on next genre, since the qualifying part seems to take the longest. Thrash should be pretty quick now.
I was thinking about that, but probably wont start anything up until this comp is finished.

A few ideas on the next battle...

Death Metal
Black Metal
Old-school metal (featuring bands which were well-established pre-1983).

I was thinking about that, but probably wont start anything up until this comp is finished.

A few ideas on the next battle...

Death Metal
Black Metal
Old-school metal (featuring bands which were well-established pre-1983).

How about traditional/heavy metal?

this needs to be changed asap

Start from their first which is a gutshot of straightforward thrash and watch/hear them grow with each album. Truly one of the greats.

I should've been more clear, I meant post-Darkness Descends. The first two I've liked for quite some time, but for whatever reason I haven't ventured much and often beyond that.

I assumed we would just be doing every major sub genre for this. Then perhaps you could have a bonus round where the top 8 or so from each sub genre go into a draw.

Though the Rinehart albums have grown on me a lot, We Have Arrived is still pretty amateur and crappy to me. I can't imagine the kind of brain damage it would take to rate it over any of the first four Exodus albums.