BATTLE OF THE THRASH METAL BANDS (FINAL)

Which is the ATG thrash band?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's wrong with drag queens?
Kids love a bit of flair, they love being entertained and with a drag queen every book finishes on a song.

See I knew you couldn't come up with a viable defense against drag queens. :p

Despite Jimmy's earlier chatter about the heels he wanted to borrow off Lars I don't think he keeps a collection of drag queens at home. If you don't focus on the large adams apple, the six pack stomach and the beard his girlfriend looks nothing like a bloke.

She's not my gf mate.

So anyway, in other news, SLAYER WINS!

tH68cj2.jpg

Thanks to everyone who participated in this little supersize, hope it was fun to watch unfold. Amazingly enough, most of the tight contests took place in the very first round, which is the opposite of what I thought would happen. Happy to run another one of these battles one day in the future. Right now I'm feeling a Traditional Metal version, but could be convinced to do a different genre.

I like Slayer and Metallica's early stuff about equally, but Metallica's overall career is worse than Slayer's imo.
Quite the opposite for me. I don't like anything at all from Slayer's last 5 albums, but I like just about every direction Metallica's tried. Since I didn't vote in the other rounds I figured I'd just watch this train wreck from afar instead of voting.

Reactions: Dak
Train wreck = didn't go the way I wanted?
I think it was anything but a train wreck and Jimmy deserves credit for the effort he put in.

Reactions: jimmy101
I'm just teasing. I mean many bands had to crash out to leave two of the biggest from the Big Four of Thrash to fight it out. Could probably have started with just the four biggest bands by record sales and gotten the same result with less effort, but it would've been less fun. ;)

Reactions: jimmy101
Death Magnetic > World Painted Blood

All are pretty bottom barrel albums tbf.

Ideal band comprised of the two...

Araya (vocals), Hetfield (rhythm guitar, vocals), Burton (bass), Hanneman (lead guitar), Lombardo (drums), Ulrich (manager).

I'm on board with trad metal

(would be nice to do one where I could vote on every matchup)

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
i'm fine with trad ya. i think this time everyone should vote for a maximum of 64 bands and the ones with the most votes get in and are also seeded by number of votes, end of story, rather than the clusterfuck we had for this one.

also need to clarify what's eligible as trad--like are we including trad and epic doom, euro power, etc

I'd be fine with Euro power included knowing that it will probably make a small fraction of the bands, considering our userbase. The first three Helloween albums could probably allow them to be competitive with many USPM and NWOBHM bands, yet I don't imagine a lot of people nominating Edguy or Sonata Arctica at all. Otherwise, a Euro power metal battle would have to be pretty small, and it'd probably a Helloween vs Blind Guardian blowout anyways.