Most Influential Thrash Band?

I don't understand the disagreement over Testament. They were an utterly formulaic bay area thrash band.

SpiritCrusher, are you a nescient dipshit or do you just play one in this forum? Slayer gave impetus to an entire sub-genre, Metallica inspired a bunch of bay area wannabes.

No, I am not, but I have come to the conclusion that arguing with you is futile, and I've already explained myself thoroughly, so forget it.

I've kept my cool through this whole thing and all you've done is been an asshole. You're not even worth it dude.

Look, stupid, you made no argument. You said that Metallica was influential, that you liked Metallica better. Then you whined about Metallica not getting the respect they deserve. Unfortunately, none of this has anything to do with Metallica being more influential than Slayer. On the other hand, I said why Slayer was influential(different approach to harmony) and what exactly they influenced(death metal). You lose, turd-boy.

Metallica may have not been an influential thrash group, but the Black Album definitely eclipsed Slayer as far as widespread metal influence.

'Tis so...

Demiurge said:
Look, stupid, you made no argument. You said that Metallica was influential, that you liked Metallica better. Then you whined about Metallica not getting the respect they deserve. Unfortunately, none of this has anything to do with Metallica being more influential than Slayer. On the other hand, I said why Slayer was influential(different approach to harmony) and what exactly they influenced(death metal). You lose, turd-boy.

Wow. None of this has anything to do with Metallica being more influential than Slayer? I don't see why it should, because that wasn't the point in the first place. I was simply talking about Metallica, and Metallica alone. I agreed that Slayer was just as influential as Metallica, anyway. You were bitching about how everyone was rooting for Metallica because they liked them, so all I did was defend my position and explained that my personal opinion has nothing to do with this and how influential they really were. Our argument has nothing to do with Slayer, buddy. You didn't even read my posts. I'm done with you.

Apparently, this is a real head-scratcher for you. The topic is about the most influential thrash band. I said it was Slayer and noted that Metallica, a popular choice, was never particularly influential. You came along and said that Metallica and Slayer were equally influential. Therefore, you directly disagreed with my position. You supported your position with no evidence at all. I read over the topic, you never even say how or why Metallica was influential. At no point do you discuss influence, you talk about how great Metallica was instead. Please stop trying to turn this into a muddled clusterfuck, you won't get away with it.

How have I been pwned? I don't get it.

while slayer, metallica, testament, ect have had a big infulence on many bands, I think one band ALWAYS gets over looked, and that band is Exhorder. They started the sound that pantera STOLE and became famous with. So id like to cast my vote to exhorder on this one.

MetalHeadMarc said:
I'm sorry slayer has their riffs here in their but they pale in comparison to old Metallica in full force, guns blazing

I disagree.

Anyway, my instant answer when I read the thread title remains - SLAYER.

yeah I love exhorder as well, but they have like one album slaughter in the vatican- the law is mostly covers. Its true Pantera stole a hell of alot from them, except the amazing speed and technicality.

Listening to Exhorder, I realized that...yeah, Pantera stole from them, but Pantera's music was so much better in the end.

My vote goes to Pantera. \m/\m/!!!

*ducks to avoid monkey feces*

If there is any metal band that's had more influence on OTHER bands, I would have to say Slayer. Maybe more people picked up guitars and learned to play because of Metallica... but Slayer is still one of the most recognized and longest lived bands in the genre.

Of course, I would have to say that Kreator and Destruction both had an extremely large following early on... So many bands one can mention, but Slayer definitely wins the "most influential" award.