25 Most Important METAL bands

Metal Church=Thrash? I didn't think them to be thrash, very heavy though...

Yeah, Overkill first, I do not know why they weren't included in on the "Big Four", anybody know why?

MetalNoob said:
Um yes, and I really don't think of them as heavy. Heavy for their time, sure, but not for me.

Then it's just not heavy to you. You have your opinion, but fact is fact. Metal Church IS heavy.

Heavy isn't fact.

One who has heard Sunn O))) may not think of any other band as heavy because of them.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Heavy isn't fact.

One who has heard Sunn O))) may not think of any other band as heavy because of them.

I must find me some of this band.

Saying heavy isn't fact does not make sense. Are you trying to say the heaviness of certain bands is not fact? If you are, what would you consider Metal Church?

Necuratul said:
Fates Warning revolutionized the Prog genre, first of all, and heavily influenced Dream Theatre. WTF. If Dream Theatre would be on the list, Fates Warning better be fucking on there. Plus, anyone that knows anything knows they rule, and are much better than Queensryche, who are pretty limp as far as I'm concerned. I do think that Voivod deserves a spot, but certainly not Fates Warning's.

fyi I don't think any of the bands you mentioned there should be in the list.

The only bands that should be on a list like this are the bands who shook the very foundations of the entire metal genre...

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Slayer
Metallica
Motörhead
Bathory
Megadeth
Venom

There is no need to include the extreme metal bands that came in the late eighties, early nineties, since they are the result of the afore-mentioned bands.

They are important, but if they are to be included, there's no way you can limit the list to 25 bands, since, if you will, Darkthrone, Burzum and Mayhem were all equally important; as were Immolation and Suffocation; and Death, Possessed and Morbid Angel; Skepticism, Thergothon and Cathedral; Napalm Death and Carcass; Dream Theater, Queensrÿche and Fates Warning; and the list goes on and on!

Within this context, there is simply no way to justly include certain sub genres.