25 Most Important METAL bands

Hmm, I think either diSEMBOWELMENT or Winter should be on that list. Doom/death is a pretty massive genre these days, and I'm pretty bloody sure they were both pioneers.

Hmm, I think either diSEMBOWELMENT or Winter should be on that list. Doom/death is a pretty massive genre these days, and I'm pretty bloody sure they were both pioneers.

Paradise Lost-Morbid Existance(1988)
Winter - Winter (1989)
Disembowelment - Mourning September (1990)

The first paradise lost fullength 'lost paradise' was recorded in 89 released in 90.

What about Sepultura? Helloween?

Just a thought... Helloween was one of the first Euro. Speed Bands with Iron Maiden.

For the person who said take morbid angel off.

What death metal band would be worthy of that place.

....that is representative of the album it was taken from and the ones that came before it. Go on their web-site and listen to more if you think I'm trying to trick you.

>>>For the person who said take morbid angel off.
>>What death metal band would be worthy of that place.

That was me.

I was thinking about this some this weekend, and I will take back my comment about them. At the time Morbid Angel came out, I was into Pantera, Anthrax, SOD, Testament and stuff...not completely into music THAT extreme. I didn't have an ear for it then...therefore I wasn't really educated or exposed to death at that level...so I don't know who pioneered the step from thrash into extreme.

I do remember seeing Napalm Death at the same time - I would put them in there seeing as they definitely spawned their own big genre.

Scott

Yeah, I know.

At the time, my ear didn't differentiate. I knew they were too brutal for me (at the time, not anymore).

Back then, I just thought metal was divided like this:

Regular, thrash, death

Scott