Nomination Stage: Most consistent metal bands

Indeed, I have renamed reflex angles as morbid angles, because in the angle world, they're morbidly obese. Helps them to remember, and offends some of them at the same time. Double win!

The people who get offended would be good examples of an equilateral rectangle.

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png

Cannibal corpse
Dying fetus
Immolation
Death

Not stylistically the same and maybe most won't even consider them metal, but GWAR has released surprisingly high quality albums over their 30 year career with only a couple of duds.

Reactions: zerostatic
Nifelheim
Mortem
Slough Feg
Sabbat (Jpn)

Sabbat is probably the most consistent band I can think of. Eleven full-lengths, if Black Up Your Soul and ...For Satan and Sacrifice count, of quality blacking metal. Not to mention innumerable EPs and splits. Impressive for a band that's been around since '83.

Reactions: Phylactery
I'm just surprised nobody else has mentioned Moonsorrow yet. Consistently release high quality albums- their sound has changed slightly over time, notably the production, but it's been very gradual while maintaining their core sound. Another selling point is I don't think I've ever heard an 'off' note in any of their material. The material might not be for everyone with how longwinded they tend to be, but they were certainly the first to mind when I saw this thread title.

I'm just surprised nobody else has mentioned Moonsorrow yet. Consistently release high quality albums- their sound has changed slightly over time, notably the production, but it's been very gradual while maintaining their core sound. Another selling point is I don't think I've ever heard an 'off' note in any of their material. The material might not be for everyone with how longwinded they tend to be, but they were certainly the first to mind when I saw this thread title.

I've got Kivenkantaja but that's it. Haven't really listened to much else.

Asphyx (Van Drunen rules)
Artillery (their newer efforts like "When Death Comes" are still in the vein of their old albums)
Carcass
Cathedral
Coroner (they never really changed their style every album is unique in it's own way they have added Jazz and industrial influences on later albums but I think they came naturally and not that they wanted to play different music- i have a different opinion on it)
Incantation
Immolation
Mercyless (France)
Merciless (Swe)
Vader
Voivod

just came through my mind i think there are more..