Ultimate Metal Hall of Fame

Internettoughkid.jpg

The results for February 2016 are in. The very first class of the Ultimate Metal Hall of Fame IS:

1) Black Sabbath (14 votes)
2) Slayer (13 votes)
3) Darkthrone (tie - 11 votes)
3) Judas Priest (tie - 11 votes)
5) Bathory (tie - 8 votes)
5) Iron Maiden (tie - 8 votes)

Congrats to the winners! Thanks for participating everyone. The 2nd class will be voted in sometime in March.

The runners up were:

7) Metallica (7)
8) Motorhead (6)
9) Burzum (5)
9) The Chasm (5)
11) Death (4)
11) Megadeth (4)
11) Mercyful Fate (4)
11) Morbid Angel (4)

and many others..

Oh you know, those are all off by 1 vote. But +1 vote to all doesn't change the order.

The reason is I used the first vote to put their name in the excel spreadsheet. Then every vote after I added +1 to the number next to their name.

Ah, I see how you've done it now. Sorry, just wanted to make sure all the votes were counted correct, even though an extra vote here or there probably wouldn't have made a difference.

What will happen in the next round? Is it just the top 6 you listed we won't be able to vote for, or all the bands you listed?

Also, if this Hall of Fame is going to be stickied as a general guide for people new to metal who stumble upon UM, then maybe we could also vote for the best album(s) for each band that makes it into the HoF? I like lists and polls haha.

Ah, I see how you've done it now. Sorry, just wanted to make sure all the votes were counted correct, even though an extra vote here or there probably wouldn't have made a difference.

What will happen in the next round? Is it just the top 6 you listed we won't be able to vote for, or all the bands you listed?

Also, if this Hall of Fame is going to be stickied as a general guide for people new to metal who stumble upon UM, then maybe we could also vote for the best album(s) for each band that makes it into the HoF? I like lists and polls haha.

Yeah all of the votes were counted correct. They were just all -1 across the board in the post I made above, which doesn't change the ordering. I appreciate you double checking actually.

Yeah just the top 6 in the Hall of Fame already will be left out of the voting. They're already in.

Ideally I would like to get it stickied at the top when we get a decent sized Hall of Fame built up. But for now I don't think it deserves to be stickied yet. I do think we've got a good starting group of 6 though.