Asphyx
Dismember
Coroner
Adramelch
Liege Lord
Metal Church
Solitude Aeturnus
Solstice (UK)

I've just pasted my last list and took off the 3 that got in last time. Might ended this to add some more at a later date.

Sacramentum and Aeternus definitely need to be getting more votes!
I agree, particularly Sacramentum, legendary black metal.

I'm extending this to the 10th because the vote count will be crap if I shut it down now, and not all the regulars have cast votes yet.

Moby Dick....best metal riff ever

but seriously...Zeppelin wrote more metal riffs than anyone..

Zeppelin were a hard rock band, proto-metal at most. I've been listening to them for over 40 years now, I still have yet to discern something heavy metal on their part. And no, they didn't write any metal riffs, and even if they had, Sabbath trumps all in that regard.

I'd have to veto Led Zeppelin being heavy metal. Almost a full third of their music is acoustic and even a good portion of the electric songs are barely even heavy rock. Blues-based hard rock band with folk elements and occasional psychedelic influences.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
I'd have to veto Led Zeppelin being heavy metal. Almost a full third of their music is acoustic and even a good portion of the electric songs are barely even heavy rock. Blues-based hard rock band with folk elements and occasional psychedelic influences.
Essentially, though I would add that they have their moments in terms of being proto-metal as well.

Ulver
Sacramentum
Metal Church
Solstice (UK)
Liege Lord
Gorgoroth
Solitude Aeturnus
Razor
Jag Panzer
Dark Tranquility
King Diamond
Symphony X
Psychotic Waltz
Watchtower
Edge of Sanity

Exodus
Dream Theater
King Diamond
Rotting Christ
Amon Amarth
Dark Tranquility
Abigor
Dimmu Borgir
Symphony X
Insomnium
Marduk
Moonsorrow
Rhapsody of Fire
Running Wild
Stratovarius

Last edited:
The votes have been tallied, the inductees selected, and arg has sniffed the requisite number of buttholes, so, after finally getting the time, here it is, the Hall of Fame's class of September 2016!

Possessed (6 votes)
King Diamond (6 votes)
Exodus (5 votes)
Jag Panzer (5 votes)
Gorgoroth (4 votes)
Solitude Aeturnus (4 votes)
Reverend Bizarre (4 votes)
Solstice (U.K.) (4 votes)
Sacramentum (4 votes)

Once again, be sure to check out the Hall of Fame's official museum for a full list of all inductees throughout the Hall's past, right up to to its present. http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/ultimate-metal-hall-of-fame-museum.1026011/