Ultimate Metal Hall of Fame December 2016 Inductions

H.P. Lovecraft

Mar 9, 2016
Ry'leh
A little late on this, but this will put us closer to schedule than we've been in quite some time, and I take full blame for being such an occupied son of a bitch and not having as much time allocated for this as I should. Routine is routine, list up to fifteen bands you feel are worthy of induction that aren't already inducted, I'll count it all up, and you'll have yet another class of hall of famers. Change your votes as much as you like until the voting period expires. The voting period will conclude at 5:00 AM on January 6th, done deal. Shake it, but don't break it.

For a chronological archive of all previous inductees, consult the museum thread: http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/ultimate-metal-hall-of-fame-museum.1026011/

Danzig
Emperor
U.D.O.
Omen
Mötley Crüe
Twisted Sister
Alice Cooper
Deep Purple
Forbidden
Diamond Head
W.A.S.P.
The Obsessed
Budgie
Savatage
Razor

Reactions: CiG
Electric Wizard
Dream Theater
Dark Angel
Razor
Psychotic Waltz
Nasty Savage
Napalm Death
Artillery
Cynic
D.R.I.
Vektor
Symphony X
Sleep
Mekong Delta
In Flames

Danzig
Twisted Sister
Dark Angel
Razor
Napalm Death
D.R.I.
Raven
Doro/Warlock
Armored Saint
Girlschool
Alice Cooper
Deep Purple
Emperor
Kiss
Stormtroopers of Death

I know we've debated the eligibility of bands like Alice, Purple, Kiss and AC/DC, but I still think they deserve a place in our HOF for sheer influence, if nothing else.

Last edited:
Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Except Alice, Purple, and KISS are verifiably metal at one point of length of another in their careers, same goes for Uriah Heep and Thin Lizzy. Then there are bands that, while they have influenced metal, are certainly not metal, i.e. Led Zeppelin and AC/DC. I adore both of them with all my heart and soul, but we aren't inducting for influence on the genre from outside of it. At that rate, we'd be putting in groups like Iron Butterfly and Blue Cheer, hell, even Ted Nugent or Rush.

Except Alice, Purple, and KISS are verifiably metal at one point of length of another in their careers, same goes for Uriah Heep and Thin Lizzy. Then there are bands that, while they have influenced metal, are certainly not metal, i.e. Led Zeppelin and AC/DC. I adore both of them with all my heart and soul, but we aren't inducting for influence on the genre from outside of it. At that rate, we'd be putting in groups like Iron Butterfly and Blue Cheer, hell, even Ted Nugent or Rush.

I agree except about the verifiably metal part, but that's a whole other discussion. I think that we should stick to metal bands and not their influences, the rock and roll hall of fame already has those covered (already or eventually). I think including non-metal would cheapen the metal hall of fame a bit, weaken it. Let's have it be purely metal bands is my vote.

That's cool. Please allow me to omit Alice, Purple, Kiss and AC/DC from my list and replace with Nuclear Assault, Cannibal Corpse, S.O.D. and Sacrifice. :old:

Reactions: Baroque
I'm cool with that, of course. Which of my four substitutes do you prefer? I feel any are deserving.

I agree except about the verifiably metal part, but that's a whole other discussion. I think that we should stick to metal bands and not their influences, the rock and roll hall of fame already has those covered (already or eventually). I think including non-metal would cheapen the metal hall of fame a bit, weaken it. Let's have it be purely metal bands is my vote.
Speaking of the RNR HoF, they continue to piss me off to no end. Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five, Madonna, N.W.A., Bill Withers, etc. I love all those excepting Madonna, but they aren't even of the genre. It's not merely a spirit or attitude like Ice Cube tried to reduce it to. If so, as Gene Simmons said, "When Led Zeppelin gets into the Hip Hop Hall of Fame, then you'll have a point." And to top it all off they persist in taking forever to put titans like Rush, KISS, and Deep Purple in, and continue to snub bands like Judas Priest, T. Rex, Captain Beefheart, The Residents, The Moody Blues, Dead Kennedys, Yes, Thin Lizzy, Yes, Ted Nugent, MC5, etc. I'm at the point where I want to start a website called The Real Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, cataloging a truer Hall, a Hall as it should be.

Damn only one of my selections made the cut. Deicide definitely deserved a placement though.

Count Raven
Omen
Twisted Tower Dire
Attack (Germany)
Scald
Nunslaughter
Hammers Of Misfortune
Revelation
Coven (13)
The Obsessed
Blasphemy
Graveland
Medieval Steel
Sadistik Exekution
Leviticus

Last edited:
So many good bands I wish I could put on my list, i.e. Iced Earth, Repulsion, Armored Saint, Girlschool, and Napalm Death. Alas, only 15 are permissible.

We've still got shit tons if you ask me. I get lists of over a hundred different acts every month. And that's not even counting the ones that don't get nominated.