Ultimate Metal Hall of Fame - March '16 Nominations

Now i did, heh.

But yeah, i listed some of my favorite bands ... ones that i think are clearly worthy of being on a hall of fame list. Not bands with one good album that a bunch of people here dickride on. I mean, for example you can not like Megadeth, Metallica, Motorhead, etc. but to say they're not hall of fame worthy(or less than AtG) would wash away any credibility that said person has regarding metal.

Im not saying AtG arent worthy of being on here, but this early? Please, get real guys.

i liked 20 as a number better because it allowed me to pick bands i semi-adore that are clearly HoFers without sacrificing bands i fully adore but aren't so clearly HoF. my 20 would've had 'tallica and 'torhead and possibly 'tura.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Yeah, 10 is too limiting to make a list of favourites and extremely influential bands. I like Megadeth quite a bit (not sure why they're not so popular around here), but thrash is one of my least listened to genres so I didn't list them this time.

I've never been big on Sepultura other than Morbid Visions (should probably revisit some of their classic work), but I agree that they belong in the HoF soon.

Also, At the Gates were incredibly influential with Slaughter of the Soul, even though the stuff it influenced isn't well liked in a lot of places.

Shall we go beyond 10 then? That's partially just me being lazy but counting 20 votes per person seems excessive if we're only letting in 5.

Shall we go beyond 10 then? That's partially just me being lazy but counting 20 votes per person seems excessive if we're only letting in 5.

You own this game. You decide.

I would personally be willing to add 10 more bands.

I don't rule this with an iron fist or anything. If I suddenly disappear or something I'd hope someone else would pick it up. It'd be cool to get the actual consensus on what the Hall of Fame should be, so if people want to submit more than 10 I'd be ok with that. I just don't want like pages long lists of bands to tally.

Last time it was 20, this time I suggested 10. How's 15 as a compromise?

Motörhead
Alice Cooper/The Alice Cooper Band
Venom
Accept
Ozzy Osbourne's solo career
Mötley Crüe
Yngwie Malmsteen
King Diamond
Rainbow
Megadeth
Anthrax
Kreator
Sodom
Mayhem
Gorgoroth

Reactions: Baroque
Now i did, heh.

But yeah, i listed some of my favorite bands ... ones that i think are clearly worthy of being on a hall of fame list. Not bands with one good album that a bunch of people here dickride on. I mean, for example you can not like Megadeth, Metallica, Motorhead, etc. but to say they're not hall of fame worthy(or less than AtG) would wash away any credibility that said person has regarding metal.

Im not saying AtG arent worthy of being on here, but this early? Please, get real guys.
Agreed. And if you're going to induct death metal bands? Start with the big ones like Death, Atheist, Morbid Angel, Possessed, Autopsy, etc.