Ultimate Metal Hall of Fame May 2016 Inductions

I wanted to add them both, HP. They are two of my all-time fave bands, but it seems they do not qualify... unfortunately. However, on second thought, I would like to exchange Purple for Alice. I feel they are far superior and more influential... no offense. \m/

Last edited:
I know I came down on you for a couple, my bad. But after my mini-debate with Omni, I figured if there's at least one full metal album or so, or some kind of metal phase for the band, they can get in. Thin Lizzy had Thunder & Lightning plus a few songs here and there thorughout the 70's that hit the mark. Deep Purple definitely hit a metal streak around Stormbringer and for a little while after.

Machine Head is such a masterpiece! That album alone should easily carve a spot for Purple.

Machine Head always felt more hard rock to me, but I can see where you'd draw that from. I was thinking more of their mid to late 70's stuff. Machine Head is a top to bottom masterpiece, no doubt about it though.

I wanted to add them both, HP. They are two of my all-time fave bands, but it seems they do not qualify... unfortunately. However, on second thought, I would like to exchange Purple for Alice. I feel they are far superior and more influential... no offense. \m/
Do as you feel, I'd personally take Alice over Purple, but do as you feel is proper.

Last chance to alter your votes or cast one if you haven't already. I'll be cutting you off at 6:00 or 7:00 PM or so in my timezone, so hurry on in.

My apologies for the significant delay, life took over. Anyways, I've tallied the votes and we've got a magnificent class of bands. I present to you, the winning class of May 2016 for the UM Hall of Fame!

Manilla Road - 6 votes
Destruction - 5 votes
Rainbow - 4 votes
Ozzy Osbourne - 4 votes
Kreator - 4 votes
Trouble - 4 votes
Scorpions - 4 votes
Sodom - 4 votes
Agalloch - 4 votes
At The Gates - 4 votes
Autopsy - 4 votes
Incantation - 4 votes