UM Hall of Fame July 2016 Inductions

Anthrax have some good fun scattered songs, but they don't have a solid front to back good album. And they were never as popular in the thrash crowd as the other 3.
The first three are those solid front to back albums in my estimation, but I do agree, they haven't acheived that since.

I'm seconding the following I cherry picked from everyone else's entries because I'm terrible and lazy:

Pentagram
Slough Feg
Opeth
Neurosis
Nile
Iced Earth
Electric Wizard
Drudkh
Immortal
Danzig
Testament
King Diamond
Alice Cooper
Deep Purple
Vektor

Last edited:
^Lol, funny, I'm not and realized I had included them right before you replied. I did the ol' copy paste and delete dead weight so mistakes were bound to happen. Think it's good now.

I'm seconding the following I cherry picked from everyone else's entries because I'm terrible and lazy:

Solitude Aeturnus
Saxon
Pentagram
Slough Feg
Brocas Helm
Opeth
Gorguts
Cannibal Corpse
Neurosis
Nile
Iced Earth
Electric Wizard
Drudkh
Immortal
Danzig
Anthrax
Mötley Crüe
Testament
King Diamond
Alice Cooper
Deep Purple
Vektor
Obituary
Remove a few of those please, I said up to 15, not 23.

Aeternus
Dawn
Graveland
Immortal
Sacramentum
Ulver
Dismember
Helstar
Liege Lord
Metal Church
Satan
Pentagram
Solitude Aeturnus
Solstice

I usually just copy over my list from the previous round with a few new additions, but this time half of it got voted in.

Last edited:
The only reason that Anthrax is in the big four is because they were a popular band from the same place as the other three. They're definitely a lower level band.

The only reason that Anthrax is in the big four is because they were a popular band from the same place as the other three. They're definitely a lower level band.
Last time I checked the Bay Area and NYC aren't the same place. Three classic albums in a row isn't the feat of a lower level band.

Oops. I always thought they were from the Bay Area for some reason. My mistake. I think they're boring so I haven't spent time worrying about them.

Anyway, I definitely disgree with you on the quality of their music. Second rate at best.

We both disagree on that. If you ask me, Scott Ian's rhythm guitar work is superb, as is Charlie Benante's drumming, and, pairing that with either Neil Turbin's or Joey Belladonna's both exceptional vocal talents and the rough and tumble, firestorm lead guitar of Dan Spitz? They're easily deserving of their status.

The way you describe their music makes you sound like some kind of promoter desperately trying to get people to buy a product that they don't really want.

The way you describe their muic makes you sound like some kind of promoter desperately trying to get people to buy a product that they don't really want.
I'm not selling a thing, I'm opining my own thoughts concerning their music. I honestly don't give much of a crap if you don't like them.