Ultimate Metal Hall of Fame May 2016 Inductions

H.P. Lovecraft

Mar 9, 2016
Ry'leh
Alright, boys and girls, ladies and sentient AIDS germs, it's time again for the Ultimate Metal Hall of Fame to induct a new class of what we as a forum believe to be the greatest of the greatest metal bands and artists. Thus far we've inducted three classes, with spectacular results, these are the current inductees:

The Class of February 2016:
Black Sabbath
Slayer
Darkthrone
Judas Priest
Bathory
Iron Maiden

The Class of March 2016:
Motörhead
Metallica
Saint Vitus
The Chasm
Burzum

The Class of April 2016:
Celtic Frost
Fates Warning
Dio
Venom
Mercyful Fate
Morbid Angel
Mayhem
Manowar
Death
Voivod
Candlemass

You know how it goes, list up to 15 bands you find worthy of a Hall of Fame induction (that aren't already in there), I'll tally the votes, and, by the start of the next month we'll have our new class. Voting ends 12:00 AM sharp on June 1st.

Accept
Saxon
Scorpions
Sodom
Megadeth
Anthrax
Yngwie Malmsteen
Ozzy Osbourne
U.D.O.
Hellhammer
Mötley Crüe
Rainbow
Possessed
King Diamond
Alice Cooper

Rainbow
Atheist
Pestilence
Sabbat (UK)
Dark Angel
Destroyer 666
Slough Feg
Coroner
Manilla Road
Sepultura
Morbid Saint
Negura Bunget
Agalloch
Blut Aus Nord
Enslaved

Last edited:
Haven't been following these threads. Are we supposed to vote for our personal favorite bands or the ones we feel are most important/influential or what?

jag panzer
cirith ungol
trouble
sacramentum
at the gates
pentagram
autopsy
scorpions
satan
blitzkrieg
angel witch
reverend bizarre
destruction
exodus
sodom

japan Sabbat reigns over all other sabbats

I haven't heard Sabbat (Jpn), so I can't speak to their quality, but Sabbat (UK) has two of my favorite thrash metal albums of all-time. I'm skeptical to think they are inferior to Sabbat (Jpn).

EDIT: Wainds list made me want to add some of his. It's too early in this game -- too many bands left out.

Reactions: RedStorm
It's up to you. My lists have been a mix of personal favourites and bands I consider to be highly influential.
Yeah, Wainds and Phylactery are right, you're optimally supposed to vote for important bands with your personal tastes intermingled. Although, ultimately you can vote for whoever you please.

Like Baroque said in the previous game, and I'll be sure to put this in the initial thread post next time, feel free to edit your lists for the first three or four days.

Reactions: unknown
Ozzy
Saxon
Accept
Scorpions
King Diamond
Alice Cooper
Rainbow
Kreator
Possessed
Dark Angel
Destruction