Most consistent long-running metal bands?

Darkthrone have like, what...14 albums out...I think that 2 or 3 duds would still make them one of metal's most consistent bands. Plus, with the string of albums they've been on since The Cult is Alive...fucking great shit.

Meshuggah
In Flames (I'm the only one to second this??? Though A Sense of Purpose is the dud)

I can think of plenty of other bands not mentioned at 4 or 5 albums but not 6.

The only Maiden album that fell, albeit slightly, short was The Final Frontier.

to add; Maiden's what last six have been duds in a row. That band's last good album was Seventh Son. But I guess if a band adopts an AC/DC realism formula to their writing approach then they will become "consistent".

Queensryche...

*dies of laughter*

Seriously:
-Evergrey (MMA was the only dud. Torn was solid - love the other 6)
-Riot (Possibly the most underrated band ever?)
-Saxon (They have a bunch of unmemorable albums, but I can't say they've ever released a real piece of crap, and you can't find me a band they're age that's in better shape today)
-Vanden Plas
-Gamma Ray (Like Saxon, they definitely have some mediocre stuff - but no crap, and a run of like 5 absolutely fantastic albums)
-Fates Warning (Ever-evolving, but they've always done it in a fairly logical, interesting way. I like every Fates record for what it is)
-Blind Guardian
-Symphony X

Thanks, Palabra... Opeth... One of my absolute favorite bands, one of the truly most consistent metal bands in the planet... and yet I forgot about them.

-Riot (Possibly the most underrated band ever?)
-Saxon (They have a bunch of unmemorable albums, but I can't say they've ever released a real piece of crap, and you can't find me a band they're age that's in better shape today)

You're right about Riot, they're surely one of the most underrated bands ever.

And you're also very right about Saxon being the best of the "old metal bands". Yes, they're better than Maiden, Metallica, Priest and the likes. Live, they still kill (including Biff, who has not lost anything over the years) and their albums from the last 15 years are as good (or even better sometimes) as their albums considered "classics".