Great ways to self-promote for bands

LavagesOfTime

evangelist of Threshold
Mar 2, 2002
Rome, Italy
www.myspace.com
Like Marillion did some years ago, also Spock's Beard decided to self produce their latest cd, being helped by the fans who preordered it before the recordsings... but not only!

To celebrate their tenth release (called "X"), hey went further offering not only cd and/or t-shirt for preorder but even this package:

- SBX Autographed LTD. Edition CD
- SBX Tee Shirt
- Special SBX Mystery Grab Bag Swag Package (items TBA)
- Your name listed in the CD liner notes as an "Executive Producer"
- And finally, your name written into the lyrics of a new Spock's Beard song. This track will include a vocal section where your name (or somone you choose) will be sung by the band. This will be a full band, fully-produced song that requires a long list of names be sung as part of the lyric.

I think it's a great idea, and if Threshold will ever do something like this, I would surely be in!

Same here :)

Steve Williams also mentioned this sort of thing to get the money for a live DVD once, so perhaps it'll be a recurring thing in the music industry. It's definitely a good way to get the fans more involved, imo.

Same here :)

Steve Williams also mentioned this sort of thing to get the money for a live DVD once, so perhaps it'll be a recurring thing in the music industry. It's definitely a good way to get the fans more involved, imo.

I think it's the perfect way to have a more notable budget for all those bands who have a good fanbase but haven't reached yet that "critical mass".

Actually, Spock's Beard decided to do that because they have no label, but Threshold could do that for the fan club albums - I'm pretty sure most of the people who buy their direct-to-fan cd's would preorder them in advance as well.