Green Carnation

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
There's been a fairly strong buzz about these guys lately. Whenever I read something about them, they are being compared to Opeth, and sometimes favorably. Has anyone heard "Light of Day, Day of Darkness"? And if so, what is your take on it? Thanks.

GZ

the new Green Carnation is 60:03 or pure audial bliss. Yes it is brilliant, i haven't been able to stop listening to it for like a week since it came in. It is i think one of the few things that is up to Opeth standards. Just trust me you will love it :) You can order it from www.theendrecords.com

you can also find a 7 minute sample there as well, but i can't link to it because it is in Flash and i don't know and can't find out the target location. Seriously just buy it :)

what a coincidence!! I am now listening to their previous release actually,"Journey to the end of the night" .... :hotjump:

but *sniff* i haven't found their new down here yet...
oh well it's a matter of time..

Yep, the new Green Carnation is highly recommended. Excellent album.

I had the luck to interview Tchort (mastermind behind GC) a while ago and now I can't wait for their next album.

Check out the new Virgin Black too..

I still think LoD, DoD is better realized as a 15 min track (perhaps on a full length album comprised of more diverse songs).

As is, I don't plan to listen to it much- if ever- again. Useless information. (Harsh critic.)

yes Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness is very good! I had to listen to it several times to get into it, but I'd recommend it too! only one part in the middle where a woman is singing is a bit boring, the rest is excellent!

Originally posted by Black Heart
The album is excellent, but it needs more growls IMO, and the woman that's doing the opera thing in the middle...baaaahhh needs to be cut off! or to make it short....its really not nessecery...IMO :rolleyes:

yeah that's exactly what I meant with this opera stuff

and the woman that's doing the opera thing in the middle...baaaahhh needs to be cut off! or to make it short....its really not nessecery...IMO :rolleyes:
Yeah, I agree. This is my only complaint about the album so far.

The album is excellent, but it needs more growls IMO, and the woman that's doing the opera thing in the middle...baaaahhh needs to be cut off! or to make it short....its really not nessecery...IMO :rolleyes:

You guys do realize this was entirely intentional, right?

I really like that middle eastern middle part...It's not often you hear any metal bands incorporating those strange scales with notes us westerners don't really hear much of.

And as for the Opeth comparisons, I disagree as well. It seems that nowadays any band that uses both distorted and clean guitars to any significant extent is compared to Opeth. Green carnation are much more simplistic, and have a more melodic metal/doom based approach to their music (at least of LOD< DOD)

Ya, the album is very good and I really like Green Carnation but that caterwauling women near the exact middle point of the album drives me up the wall :(

Also, the begining of the album is very eerie but that baby making noises is just plain wrong. I hate that! :mad: damn brat :D