Greetings from deep space

Starbreaker

Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 21, 2002
Golden CO, USA
www.silencer.cc
I'm Keith Spargo, and have been cruising this site for a while although I don't post a whole bunch.

My original link to this site was that my band SILENCER was the very first unsigned band to have a feature interview and review on this site back in late 2000/early 2001 I believe. The interview was done by Shrike (who many of you may know is a longtime mod on the massive official Iron Maiden BB) and our first CD was for sale for a while on the store on this site.

Anyway, we're about to release a new CD in October. Our style is a hybrid of thrash and power metal, high in concept dealing with many space-based topics and just general earthly perceptions. Our newest addition is Ritchie Wilkison on guitars, who some of you may know recently joined Angel Dust and wrote/recorded Of Human Bondage with them...only to see them split at this years Milwaukee Metalfest; and who also played in Demons & Wizards live. Anyway, for all things band related a good place to read up is www.silencer.cc.

I've been a metal fan since I was about 8 years old and watched as a young kid the middle of the heyday of 80's metal. Originally enticed by early Def Leppard, AC/DC and the mighty Iron Maiden (my alltime fave) I have slowly grown with metal, enjoying many styles now including true or classic metal, thrash, doom, stoner rock, most melodic death and some straight up death and black metal. I try to keep my mind open but definitely have my favorites. What gravitates me towards most of my favorite metal is the presence of melody, but sometimes that is not necessary in cases.

I live in Golden CO and hang out with other members on this board such as St. Vitus,The Wanderer and Brand to name a few. Through the internet and some other boards I know a few other of you too. Anyway, I like this site and board because of the low signal to noise ratio and for the most part enjoy the general board and some select band boards.

Anyway, just saying hey and feel free to strike up a metal conversation with me anytime.

HORNS UP

hello, my name is Alyona and I am an alcoholic.

hey, nice to meet you. I usually hang out at the Opeth forum, but now thought about greeting some people in here.