Greetings from ORPHANED LAND!!

freakchylde said:
As one who danced from a seated position, dance as you want, don't mind what these other guys are saying. If that is how you enjoy your music, then by all means, I say enjoy it. I think it was pretty respectful to be moving from the waist up, instead of stomping all over people. I do the same thing if I'm in limited spaces, just enjoy yourself.

Freakchyld, I said the girl (not Junnie) was in the photo pit dancing and annoying us not by that, but by the hair due to her UNNECESSARY extra hard headbanging.. The dancing was just funny to see, I am all up for expressing the music, but not in a way that you're bothering other people... and KNOWING that.... You may have missed my point =)

AngraRULES said:
Freakchyld, I said the girl (not Junnie) was in the photo pit dancing and annoying us not by that, but by the hair due to her UNNECESSARY extra hard headbanging.. The dancing was just funny to see, I am all up for expressing the music, but not in a way that you're bothering other people... and KNOWING that.... You may have missed my point =)

No, I was just responding to Junnie in that she was saying she wouldn't do x or x due to an etiquette issue based on what others have said. I can sympathize with the hair thing, because anyone who remembers me from the last couple of knows I had long, long hair and wore it in braids. Those things hurt if you got nailed in the face by me, which is why if I am bouncing around, I try to be away from everyone - or stand really close to Zilla. :D

Oh yeah, then I think I missed your point hahaha...

I mean, I have nothing against expressing yourself during a concert.. But then again, I will say it again, you have to watch it... your freedom ends where my freedom begins... If you are doing something unnecessary knowing you're bothering other people then something's wrong with ya (not saying it directly to/about you, more in a general way)

i was pissed off, earlier i wrote a loooong post and when i press "submit reply" all gone again. and i had to go off. but now i try again.

Megawozniak said:
I don't think headbanging is bad manners - I was just careful where to do it.

Megawozniak, that's what i meant when i said "cultural difference".
Here, in sell out concerts like Angra's or Strato's, we seldom find the space. especially in front. so, in our common sense;
  • To go in front means to go crazy, taking the risk to get into the hair storm.
  • If you want to watch the show quietly, you go in the backside of the venue, where people are milder usually.
And if someones hair touches me, i would think "shit, i'll do it HARDERRRRRR"
then some strange feeling "we unite" arises, after the show we wink to that stranger with devil horns in our hands; as if saying "you were not that bad ;)" (which i experienced in PP VI too)
it's like greetings or hails to the artists to me. i guess we are just crazier.

Obviously we are talking about ProgPowerUSA here, not concerts in Japan. But when i said i never ever expected someone would complain about the hair in a metal concert, it was all true. i was honest. so knowing all these people don't like it, i thought i should be careful because as much as i want to enjoy myself, i don't want to spoil the others joy. please excuse me if i there is anyone who was borthered by my hair, i simply didn't notice i was annoying.
freakchylde said:
she was saying she wouldn't do x or x due to an etiquette issue based on what others have said.
freakchylde, i said i will be more CAREFUL:) i respect your sophisticated and peaceful way of watching. actually i felt more pleasant not pushed from behind there.

AngraRULES, did you actually tell her that you felt unpleasant with her hair? i feel sorry you had to endure all through the set and hold it to yourself for a long time, i usually tell the person directly when someone does the thing i don't like, even if it's a bigger guy than me. People often got carried away seeing the show and doesn't notice what the others are feeling.
someone said security stopped her.. i don't know if he explained that you guys were bothered by her hair or just did "stop" action, but if the latter, i might have done it harder. 'you don't know anything about the fucking metal concert, i'll show you how to metal '(with the hightone voice of Klaus/Dream evil in "the book of Heavy Metal") :p yep i'm a helpless barbarian!
but if the people next to me said "hey you are doing too much" i would say, "oh i'm sorry" then i would try to calm down, as i said before, i don't like to ruin someone else's fun.
i think it's good to discuss like this, as Orphaned Land played awesome gig and it's a pity that you couldn't enjoy the show as much as you wanted. For the reasons i mentioned above, (actually English is not my mother tongue and i spent almost 2 hours to rewrite this to explain,, in monday morning before going to work!) i assume she didn't realize she was annoying you...

It might be better that we comunicate to get the decent environment, even during the concert, inbetween the songs. as i love the peaceful and relaxed atmosphere of ProgPower USA, and sad to hear someone didn't enjoy the excellent show by the things that might have been changed..

ok time to off again. i'll copy and paste before click "submit reply" this time!:D

Junnie,

I am from Brazil. Believe me, I know what it is like to be "united" by the hairwave due to extreme headbang. Maybe the fact that I have short hair keeps me from doing the same thing to people at concerts.. hahahahaha

It's a different thing when everyone is headbanging in a decent way and there's only ONE person doing it and in a very extreme way. And when the person knows that his/her behavior bothers other people and does not stop, something's wrong. Selfish maybe?

We were right by one of the security guys who saw our displeasure faces. He politely asked her to "take it easy" because she was hitting other people not only with her hair, but the head too (believe me, it kinda hurts). She stopped for a second, started again and stopped for good afterwards (thank god she started to take pictures LOL).

You seem to have missed my point again. I'm not complaining about hair at a fucking metal concert, that's non-sense. I complained about not being able to see decently a little part of the concert from FRONT ROW because of someone going crazy on a photo pit... and hitting people with the hair and head =)

AngraRULES said:
You did not. At least not me, I was further behind!

So does this mean you saw me? Hahaha.. that's funny if you did, I had to pull myself up and bang my head!! I love that song and their performance was beyond words..

----

Hi Junie! I guess it was a good point made, if you want to see the band perfect with no interuptions the best is to sit or stay backwards because usually the ones in the front are the craziest, hence the reason they're infront (as myself) ;) The dancing that the blondie did was very nice! I wish I could do that too, I think she looked nice dancing. :p

Next year I can't wait to bang my head, while Strato there was actually a girl from Japan on my left side, and before Stratovarius came on, I apologized in advanced to her and the guy somewhat behind me, because of my hair. During Therion I was smacking my friend behind me and the two guys on my sides and I of course apologized but I can't help it, I'm never cutting my hair!!

ok, now i'm with you, HEAD hurts :cry:

AngraRULES said:
I complained about not being able to see decently a little part of the concert from FRONT ROW because of someone going crazy on a photo pit... and hitting people with the hair and head =)

and your post reminded me of the last time... Angra played last on Sat., and i was extremely exhausted, almost to faint staying in the front row over 8 hours in 2 days with lack of sleep and jet lag...you must remember that Angra's soundcheck before the show took FOREVER.. then the show started, with the usual looong looong intro. but i knew it already, so i put up with it. i wanted to take the pictures for the magazine that i was writing for at that time, and simply wanted to see them closer.
but when the show started, a big, tall guy (perhaps a staff) came to the photopit just in front of me. hey i was almost crying! and he stayed there till the end of the show. i could take the pics but half of them included his arm and head :loco:

but this year, i saw someone in front row patting on the other one (who was in photopit)s shoulder who was interrupting his sight doing the action "move". then, the one in photopit moved over. so i thought, i should have done it 3 years ago. maybe he was too happy with the feeling of achievement to notice someone was crying behind him ;)

this is the point i really wanted to say in the previous post. if you tell her to move over, maybe she moved to the other places, like stage side or in front of me. in that case, i would enjoy that united feeling of headbanging:headbang: , even with nosebleeding! :D

ok really have to leave now, i'll be in trouble! :wave: