Greetings from the crazy Seattle metal chick =D

ossa

dead stuff
May 28, 2008
seattle
www.last.fm
Hey guys!
I've already posted on UM a few times, but I never actually introduced myself, so here goes:

I'm Charlie, I'm 20 years old and I'm studying at the University of Washington in Seattle. I'm studying linguistics and geology, but realistically, I'm probably going to drop the linguistics aspect soon and just focus on the geology because it's awesome.

I've been a passive listener of metal for about two years, but for whatever reason, a couple of months ago something just clicked and I've been listening to metal obsessively, and I'm spending an unreasonable amount of time on the internet researching all things metal-related. I'm definitely addicted now, and I start metal conversations now with anyone I meet who happens to listen to metal. I've definitely become pretty passionate about it.

Like said, I haven't been doing this very long, so I'm still expanding my tastes, but my favorites include (alphabetical):
Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquillity, Death, Dimmu Borgir, Draconian, Dream Theater, Ensiferum, Insomnium, Kalmah, Kamelot, Koyaanisqatsy, Lacuna Coil, Mors Principium Est, Necrophagist, Negură Bunget, Nevermore, Old Man's Child, Omnium Gatherum, Opeth, Sonata Arctica, Three, Thurisaz...

I'm sure I've forgotten some but I'm always adding new bands anyway. I'm pretty open and accepting when it comes to metal (though maybe certain thrash bands annoy me a bit).

This is the normal me:
l_c21c3569b5144c2ee152eb541a00e399.jpg

This is me when I am playing with knives:
l_9b578d7c26d4b32df7a175ae0affc09a.jpg

I'm pretty much just as fun either way. I'm a little weird, though.

I'd love to get to know some people here! If you want to talk, just message me, I'm always up for it!

Welcome fellow metal head!!

You have a pretty wide spectrum of bands you listen to. I too like all things progressive, black, death, doom-ish, power and melodic.

If you haven't already, check out a band called Therion. You will like!