Greetings. I'm new.

Originally posted by Zeppa
Ok, I see then. So then I would want to be sure I am using the right eq settings and everything with my gear.?

So as for the seperate parts. would it just be seperate solo and rhythm parts? or would the actual riffs be recorded one at a time?

Yea, more or less Zeppa. It's really a matter of delivering a nice, clean, tight track for whoever is mixing the song to use. Our improvements have mostly just been a matter of practice. Each of us has gotten better at recording good tracks, and we've all gotten better on the mixing end of things too. For more information, check out sites like Harmony-Central and Home Recording.com . They've got loads of good articles, etc to help guide you in the right direction. We often discuss techniques, etc on this BB, so feel free to talk over any subject you want. :)

How to divide up the guitar tracks is just a question of where it makes the most sense to. Talk it over with whomever is playing the other guitar track with you. Some of the little outros and lead fills are better to do individually, but other times you might want to play them as part of the rhythm track. Like I said, whatever makes more sense. :)

Well, all I need to do now is work on my sound and I can start working on recording stuff. Probably just a matter of working out some EQ issues and stuff. Everything sounds fine with my amps, but recording on the computer, my low end sounds like complete ass. I gotta work that out.

Originally posted by Zeppa
Well, all I need to do now is work on my sound and I can start working on recording stuff. Probably just a matter of working out some EQ issues and stuff.

Yea, just keep experimenting and see what works best for you. It's a learning process that takes awhile. Definitely read up on it and do a little homework. There's tons of great info out there. :)

I proabably need a better sound card too. My crappy one probably isn't helping me out. My low end just doesnt wanna clean up, unless I completely eq most of it out. Sounds fine through my amps though.