Greetings & News from Sun Caged!!!

Greetings Spiral Architecht fans, and a late Happy New Year!!!!

I want to take this moment to try and connect with you. If you already know of Sun Caged then this is a notice that your wait for the second album will soon be at an end! Artemisia will be released by Lion Music on March 23, 2007. If you have not heard of us yet, then this is an invitation to check us out!

I know this may seem somewhat “spam-ish” but this is not random. I’m taking the time to write this and post it here because I believe you will find our music to your liking. Let’s face it, the way the music industry is in this day and age, a band has to create its own success and there’s only one true way to do that: create public awareness, i.e. get your music heard by the people who matter: music fans!

We are essentially a new band again. Sure, our sound is still relevant to fans of the first album, but there is a new chemistry completely its own as well. Melodic and moody at times, but still plenty of hard hitting action…and of course mind-bending instrumental dexterity (don’t take that as arrogant self-praise, this is the singer talking, and I’m just giving you my opinion of the great instrumentals, lol)

We’ve been off the radar for a while, but Sun Caged has big plans for 2007. We’ve already got some great shows lined up including a cd release party in Helmond, NL (March 23rd) and a support slot for the mighty Spock’s Beard in May!

So please stop by our page at http://www.myspace.com/suncaged We have brand new pics and artwork up, plus a full album teaser, and one complete (8+ min) song for you to hear! (http://www.suncaged.com is still operational, but needs to be redesigned, so right now it’s just has some links and the album cover)

And finally, one more note: Our friends at http://www.thedividingline.com internet radio are going to debut the 10 minute mini epic “Bloodlines”. That’ll be Feb. 15th during The Rogue’s Gallery (which starts at 8:00pm Pacific time) and again on Feb. 16th during Epic Prog (which starts at 6:00pm Pacific time).

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and we hope to see you real soon!!!

Sincerely,

Paul Adrian Villarreal, (and on behalf of Marcel, Roel, Rene and Roel too)

hey,

Actually I live here now, but I'm from the U.S. I relocated here so that I could join the band. The reason Bitburg specifically, is because my bro also lives here and it served as a good staging point to find living arrangements and work arrangements for me and my wife. :)

cheers!

p.s. know of any good venues in SW Germany for our type of music?

Ah, from the U.S., so you obviously have relatives here at the American military base or something like that...

As for venues, this is a pretty arid area. Maybe the Quasimodo in Pirmasens, Kammgarn in Kaiserslautern, and further down South, it's the Ex-Haus in Trier. They do a lot of underground death metal, but basically every band that wants to play there. It's been a punk venue originally. Quasimodo is very diverse, and Kammgarn does more jazz than rock music.

We (my bro, my wife and I) are all civilians, but we do work for the base. It's really lucky that it worked out this way because that also allows me to stay here indefinitely without a work visa.

Thanks for the tips on venues. I'd heard of the Ex-Haus before, but not the others. The thing that sucks is that the rest of the band are up in Holland so a one hour drive for me could be a 3 or even 4 hour drive for other band members. Kaiserslautern might be a good place to check out though.

Hey Adrian welcome to our forum :) i must admit that i love your band especially Marcel Coenen’s solos really kick ass !!!! now we would like to hear your impressions about Spiral Architect as well :p

Hey Shadow X. I have Sceptic's Universe and also one of the Manitou albums. Both are really sick technically. Great stuff. That's why I gthought many SA fans will appreciate Sun Caged. I also have to say that I really, really dig Lars, the bassist.

Funny story, I used to work in a parking garage in the campus area of UW Madison. When I was working the late shift, letting all the drunks out after bar time, I used to blast Spiral Architect from my booth. I have to concentrate even when sober to keep up with the mind boggling musicianship of the the guys, so imagine the reactions of a bunch of drunk people fresh out of the hip-hop techno clubs. :lol: Sure, they might not have appreciated it, but at least it kept them from talking to me and using their great one-liners like "hey man, my girlfriend will show her hoo-hoos if you let us out free..." :lol:

Yes indeed - that's the way you have to travel from where you are situated to get to Switzerland...but musically, this is dry ground really. I've been a bass player chronically without a band here - it's just not possible to find musicians who share my preferences.

Great band. I've just reviewed Artemisia and I have to say I'm pleased and surprised considering I thought it hard to follow up the amazing debut. I feel the new lineup has done a great job and your approach to the vocals is interesting and adds a new dimension to the music.