Grind band, first track finished

Jan 10, 2005
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=465684&songID=4748136

Toontrack DFH EZX for drums :)

Jackson USA Custom Shop WR-1 (tuned to C# standard, EMG-81 in bridge)
PODxt using L6 Big Bottom and MS-Diamondplate (Recto) patches with Treadplate cab, SM57 on-axis, 16% room.

Bass is Ibanez SR505 tuned to C# into PODxt using Tube Preamp, and Bass Overdrive to add grit.

Used Waves Q8 on guitars and bass, hi and low-pass filtering, slight boost around 2.3kHz for guitars, 4kHz boost for bass. Waves RBass on bass guitar after Waves RComp. Q10, C4, and L2 on the master bus.

Before any comments are made, the guitars are suppose to sound like that...dunno why. Guess it's a grind thing.

Vocals to be done once all 35-40 songs are finished.

Speak!

~e.a

+1 on the snare. It is very loud to me and sounds almost like beating a nail into sheet metal. I don't know if "grind" looks for that, though, so it could be a style choice. Bass sounds great though!

Agreed. I'm not entirely happy with everything yet, so maybe I'll have some time to mess with it. :)

You know, even with the aforementioned mix issues, this might still sound too clean for grind as it is. Make it crustier...somehow.

My suggestions rule.

To be honest it sounds really overally produce for "grind". I always associate grind with raw sounding recordings. Although I am not a huge fan of the guitar tone I am more confused by the drums. That cymbal that is sitting at about 3 o'clock is just weird to me. Actually you know what its all the cymbals. They are just not donig it for me. They sound way two "sizzley" for my taste. There is no definiton in them. Toms and kick sound great. Snare is a little weird also. Maybe I am being to cynical. I don't know.