Grocery Store??

May 17, 2003
wichita, KS
Visit site
I'm staying at the Residence Inn so I was wondering, where are the closest grocery stores / convenience stores for stocking up on snacks and pop?? Hotel vending machines suck, not to mention pricey. thanks

Residence Inn did a free delivery service from Kroger the last couple of years I was there. Check with the desk when you get there. I think your order has to be placed by 10:00 AM. They'll put it in your room.

Joe

I'm not familiar with the hotel where you are staying but for anyone staying at the Granada....We stay at the Granada every year in a suite with a full kitchen. They have free shuttle service within a certain mile radius. Your hotel probably has the same type of service.
As soon as we get settled in on Wednesday, they shuttle us to the grocery store, drop us off and pick us back up in about an hour. Save alot of money on food and it only costs a tip to get to the store and back. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the grocery store but it is comperable to a Piggly Wiggly or Super Giant. The best part is...they sell beer and wine! Where I am from, grocery stores do not sell beer and wine!
Cindy

If you go up past Earthlink Live on Peachtree and pass the Super 8, you'll cross over the interstate-- there's a big 24 hour Kroger on the right-- less than a 10 minute walk from the Super 8-- a minute drive from the Granada.

Yeah, that plaza with Kroger also has a miniature Borders Books & Music, too,for those who are interested.

The infamous "pocket Borders." :D

For anyone arriving via Amtrak (from the north only, since I think service south of Atlanta to N.O. has been suspended due to track damage), the Amtrak station is right across the street from that Borders, and a not-unreasonable walk to the venue and hotels.