Group channels

I sort of have those problems when creating buses in Reaper, I guess I'm probably doing it wrong...

What I do is create a new track and name it "Drum Bus" for example, and then go to each drum tracks i/o and "Add New Send" to send it to the Bus, and then disable the send to the Master... The problem is that if I hit the solo button on the snare, it mutes every track except the snare obviously, and that includes the Drum Bus, so since the Drum Bus is the only thing that is actually playing the snare sound, I get no sound whatsoever because the snare is solo'd. I have to solo the bus AND the individual track. I sort of just thought that's the way it was when working with buses, but is there a way to do it in Reaper that doesn't cause this?

that is (so far) the one thing about reaper that bugs the shit out of me

I just read through the manual and it looks like you're supposed to use track folders to set up group channels, not sends... I'll have to wait until I get home from work to try it out, but maybe this way the solo functions work as normal...

that is (so far) the one thing about reaper that bugs the shit out of me

If you use Track Folders instead of FX Sends then the Solo buttons work exactly how you would want, I just tried it out now. Creating track folders is easy as fuck and extremely logical too!

Just make a new track and put it right before whatever tracks you want to group. Then hit the little folder icon to the right of the track name so it lights up. Then go down to the very last track that you want to be included in the folder and click the folder button on that one so it lights up red.

Now all your solo functions work properly and you can click the button to the left of the track folder name to collapse or expand the sub-tracks of the track folder.

Goddamn I love Reaper :kickass: