Groupies

DragonLady1 said:
@light, he's my bf

arkadius.jpg

DragonLady1 said:
well I met him here, yes, but we werent together, this happened some later... and I dont think that this has any importance to how I love him, I mean its just ridiculous, if I love someone its for his character and not cause he plays in a band.... just think a little bit... would I travel so much to see him if I wouldnt really love him? would be quite stupid no? :ill:

yups.

i've seen international relationships all die out. that shit just doesnt work.

there is a completely brainless party of women that are intended to "let in" everyone involved in the music business,as far as he carries a musical instrument or at least carries the towels for the "band".These women are concsidered "public",like the toilets and are a shame to our sex and shall be exterminated:ill:

Apart from that sick part of the story,i think it all has to do with what we like to call "man's pride" and primitive structures.
Living in a phallocracy-terrored society,certain ideas have been instilled and become conscience to all of us.Although we consider ourselves to be freed by superstitions and taboos form the past,certain actions cause standard thoughts,acting like a chain reaction in our heads.

to pose it simply:everytime a woman dares to go talk to a man(as modern women are free to do),this mans pride ensures him,that this girl wants all his inches badly...this is the instinctive reaction(the ritual of animal mating)and the ideas that have dominated for centuries.
Things that might encourage this supposition(that she wants his inches badly),are the looks of the girl and the position of the man(e.g.Rock Bloke)that catapult his Ego to dizzying heights.

This useless think tank,results in the "restricting" of a certain party of persons to freely do what they have the right to do,with the fear that they may be labelled as something ignominious.

in our case:If a pretty girl goes to a musician to talk or shake hands or whatever,in the feminine way,she is rather seen like a pussy with limbs than a "fan",when at the same time(esp.about metal scene)1000 savages come and 4life the same musician,because he is their "god".

my opinion is that musicians should not pretend to get annoyed by "groupies"(either of the two meanings that were given here),cos they have to admit that,indeed,they too,have used their property as musicians,as a means of attracting females(who doesnt like attention by the opposite sex?),more than once,not bragging or anything,but knowing that ppl know they are what they are,have more confidence to socialize with women that they would normally do.Its a matter of pure self-esteem.

and about the false attention: it is legitimate up to a point,that people might "magnify" someone in their minds.Anyone who denies he has ever admired/magnified anyone(even a bit),even if it was his granny,is not true to himself.

the question is,in which way the demystification will come...(cos it will come,eventually)

being in a band does not make you a better individual.sometimes makes you even a worse one...

the thing is that enthusiasm and positivity do not let you realise that these people may be weaker than you are,smaller than you are,more miserable than you think you are.and then the picture crumbles down and you think "is that the person that touched my soul/helped me in my difficult times/stirred my youth revolution etc with his music?"
hardcore realism is needed to separate ppl from their art...

anyway,to conclude,i dont think women will ever be seen as equals ,in a man dominated area(metal scene)/world,no matter how they strive for it.apart from that,its a matter of choice.if you wanna deal with bands,you are a girl and you're serious in your purposes,theres a price to pay and after that,if you're still untouched by consequences,then you have succeded;)

P.S as long as there is male and female there will always be that issue.no matter Motley Crue,Doom or Sertab.

i nearly wrote a book.sorry:puke:

somnium_in_tenebris said:
anyway,to conclude,i dont think women will ever be seen as equals ,in a man dominated area(metal scene)/world,no matter how they strive for it.apart from that,its a matter of choice.if you wanna deal with bands,you are a girl and you're serious in your purposes,theres a price to pay and after that,if you're still untouched by consequences,then you have succeded;)

look, the scene has been started by men being into the heaviest kind music. that's probably sex related. doesnt mean that women dont have the freedom to express theirselves in the same manner. a girl can dress in 'warfare' kinda way, cant she? it might not suit all women, but hey, it 's a choice. no man ever said: "you can't be as metal as me - yer a woman". the ones who did have a dicky too small.
i dont see what prices need to be paid to succeed in the scene being female? if a woman makes amazing (black/death/doom*) metal, i'll like the music and freak out during a show. music isnt sex related, the meaning behind it is, and can be altered. depends on the willful mind.

Yeah, but I think Sophie was basically talking about being a female fan, not being a musician. It's not about dressing in an oppositional way or being "hard" in any way. But yeah, I think that point is very well taken there that guys do just the same "worshipping" and no one calls them stupid chicks for that.

As for groupies, I dunno. If musicians take an advantage of them, then it's as much their choice and attitude towards the phenomenon as that of the groupies themselves. Why condemn groupies for something that takes two?

why do we have to be "sociological" about it? if a girl wants to bum a musician (in any kind of music "scene") that's great. it's all about freedom of expression right? just do what you want an be ready to face the consequences.

in one word the answer is yes. there's room for everyone.

i know what u mean Dhatura (& Sophia ;)) why bum a musician that might not be an inch more special,
compared to the lovely boy down the block? me! :D btw, i am a musician :D

ppl can have great musical characteristics, but their character can be shite.
depends on the music tho. you might not wanna underestimate s/one whose music is deep and personal. but then again, that person can be a total locked mind.

i believe many 'artists' shag fans, tho the tr00 artist will know that's not the purpose of his/her music/art.

Yeah, you can bum a martial artist too and appreciate it :D :tickled:

I'm not saying I would be like an "anti-groupie" and avoid musicians just because there are groupies shagged by some musicians. It's just that it's not only groupies who go for casual sex.

toolsofthetrade said:
i believe many 'artists' shag fans, tho the tr00 artist will know that's not the purpose of his/her music/art.

I once shagged a fan, nasty business I can tell you! o_O fuckin took them a good 2 days and nights to attach it back. :ill: