Guess the Setlist for the US Tour

zerkz

Apr 13, 2008
So the first date of the US tour is on Jan 2012. I know alot of you don't live here, but take a few guesses at what the setlist will be like. We've heard recently that they would be adding some old shit to the setlist. Swim has been in the setlist, and on a few dates songs like Colony and Insipid 2000 have made an appearance.

My hopes:
Episode 666 is played with or replaces The Hive.
hear some Jester Race Material (of any sort)
ASOP is reduced to one song or two.
A New Dawn from SOAPF is played.

I don't think that is too much to ask :hotjump:
Especially since Episode seems to be the other "popular" live song from Whoracle.

Easy peasy:

Sounds of A Playground Fading
Cloud Connected
Trigger
The Quiet Place
Deliver Us
Where the Dead Shits Dwell
Take this Life
[Song from Colony or Clayman]
Alias
The Hive
Fear is the Weakness
My Sweet Shadow

I mean, do they even play other songs?, lazy fuckers...

Easy peasy:

Sounds of A Playground Fading
Cloud Connected
Trigger
The Quiet Place
Deliver Us
Where the Dead Shits Dwell
Take this Life
Alias
The Hive
Fear is the Weakness
My Sweet Shadow

I mean, do they even play other songs?, lazy fuckers...

When I saw them headline in 2009, they played three off of Clayman, one from Colony, and one from Whoracle. Wasn't too bad, just too doused in ASOP :|

I really wish they would put The Quiet Place on the bench for a while. Not only do I hate the song, but its been on setlists forever. Additionally, My Sweet Shadow isn't a bad song. If anything from STYE, it should be that one.

Don't get your hopes up.

I imagine there will be one song pre-2000, a couple of Clayman songs (OFTW and Pinball Map, most likely) and then everything else will be nu N'Flamez.

Is why I didn't go when they came to the UK this time round. Would have been nice to hear SOAPF live but my God, the setlist was beyond shit. Fuck them and their pandering to the scene crowd, once they get back to playing their proper music I'll be back to watch them.

(Krofius's In Flames bashing sense will be tingling right about now :D)

Lol de4life, you got me all wrong seriously. I'm not the one butthurt, look up at the Spacedudes post ^^

Was only 1month ago since the last shows, and it's been holiday season, so a good guess would be that it will be vastly similar setlist as the last leg of the 2011 tour.

OR, they've made a lot of changes, who knows. I hope they bring back MSS as an closer though, it's awesome.

MSS is really good as a closer. I'm happy I got to see them play Embody the Invisible, Square Nothing, and Clayman a few short years ago.

Don't get your hopes up.

I imagine there will be one song pre-2000, a couple of Clayman songs (OFTW and Pinball Map, most likely) and then everything else will be nu N'Flamez.

Is why I didn't go when they came to the UK this time round. Would have been nice to hear SOAPF live but my God, the setlist was beyond shit. Fuck them and their pandering to the scene crowd, once they get back to playing their proper music I'll be back to watch them.

(Krofius's In Flames bashing sense will be tingling right about now :D)

I don't know what it is, but in America atleast, they tend to treat us to more older material in general (besides Sweden, they get all the coolshit obviously)

The three clayman songs we got were Square Nothing, Clayman, and Pinball Map. I was extremely surprised that one of them was not OFTW.

Even when I saw them at the much more popular Mayhem Festival, we got the Hive and Pinball Map (granted PM is not pre-2000). Two songs, not much? But when you consider the setlist was only 5 songs, thats 40% of the setlist, at a POPULAR festival.

They should finish the main set with A New Dawn and Liberation... then encore with My Sweet Shadow and another single.

It's about striking a balance between the 'popular' songs and the more creative songs that might translate well on-stage. Not just throwing a greatest hits that everyone has heard a million times.

Gotta admit, the UK tour's setlist was WAY too predictable. Even swapping Cloud Connected and The Quiet Place for Trigger and My Sweet Shadow would have been a great change. I'd also love to hear System live!

I don't know what it is, but in America atleast, they tend to treat us to more older material in general (besides Sweden, they get all the coolshit obviously)

The three clayman songs we got were Square Nothing, Clayman, and Pinball Map. I was extremely surprised that one of them was not OFTW.

Even when I saw them at the much more popular Mayhem Festival, we got the Hive and Pinball Map (granted PM is not pre-2000). Two songs, not much? But when you consider the setlist was only 5 songs, thats 40% of the setlist, at a POPULAR festival.

You're in Pittsburgh, right? We were at the same concert at Mr. Smalls. They do seem to play a few more older songs in America, don't they? I'm so pumped up to see them in February. You going?

Bottled
Bottled
Bottled
Bottled
Bottled
Bottled
Bottled
Bottled
Bottled
Disconnected
Bottled
Bottled (Extended Version)

They should finish the main set with A New Dawn and Liberation... then encore with My Sweet Shadow and another single.

It's about striking a balance between the 'popular' songs and the more creative songs that might translate well on-stage. Not just throwing a greatest hits that everyone has heard a million times.

Gotta admit, the UK tour's setlist was WAY too predictable. Even swapping Cloud Connected and The Quiet Place for Trigger and My Sweet Shadow would have been a great change. I'd also love to hear System live!
A New Dawn will only be played in the same vein that Dead End got played during Wacken and Sweden Rock 2009 I think, they'll never playback the violins.
They are headlining Wacken 2012 and I'm kinda sure they'll do something special again, so A New Dawn is not out of question there. But definitely not on regular tours.

Another song that's forgotten is Drenched In Fear. One of ASOP's best songs imo, and it hasn't seen the light of day yet.

You're in Pittsburgh, right? We were at the same concert at Mr. Smalls. They do seem to play a few more older songs in America, don't they? I'm so pumped up to see them in February. You going?

yeah i live relatively around Pittsburgh, give or take an hour.