Average Setlist?

bathory...

Jun 9, 2007
USA, Tri State area
Hey all, I've been listening to In Flames for a long time, and love the older stuff and don't like the new music. I have a chance to see them with 36 crazyfists (who I don't give a shit about), All that Remains (who I don't really like either), and Gojira (who I love, but I don't know how many songs they'll get in). The deciding factor to me is, how many older songs does In Flames usually play live, and how many new songs do they play? I like Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony, and Come Clarity, I haven't had a chance to track down any of their earlier music. So, what is the setlist usually like?

Good user name.

Okay, on the last NA tour (gigantour) they only played 45 minutes, and in that they played Clayman and Graveland and nothing else pre-R2R. However, by my reasoned calculations the most material they can reasonably dredge from the last four is about 40 minutes, so with an hour and a half setlist it'll be mostly older stuff. Nobody knows for sure, but typical songs include:
Ordinary Story
Only For The Weak
Food For The Gods
Behind Space
Moonshield
Episode 666
although there'll be others, hopefully stuff like Dead Eternity, Artifacts of the Black Rain, Stand Ablaze, Clad In Shadows, etc, although that's a stretch.
Off the last four:
Trigger and Cloud Connected from R2R, also Transparent sometimes
The Quiet Place and My Sweet Shadow from STYE
Leeches, Come Clarity, and Take This Life from CC
Move Through Me, The Mirror's Truth, and Disconnected from ASOP

Btw you should absolutely get Clayman (if you like Colony and Come Clarity you'll love this), Lunar Strain, and Subterranean (their first album and EP, absolutely masterful).

Thanks for the info, sounds like it's more than worth my time going. I hope I see them play Zombie inc. and Embody the Invisible especially. And I think I have a burned copy of clayman hanging around somewhere.

The chance of them playing Zombie Inc. is highly unlikely, but Embody The Invisible gets rotation every couple of tours. They actually play far more old songs than people here often like to believe.