Looking for Epic Songs like "December Flower"

Not sure about the apathy towards Lunar Strain/Subterranean. They're awesome records. The riffs are killer and all the acoustic work is a lovely extra. More bands should incorporate acoustic passages in their songs.

I don't like the work Mikael Stanne did with LS (the music is good) but Subterranean is really good. I love that EP.

I had N'Flamez on shuffle today on my phone... it went from Jester Script Transfigured to Rusted Nail. It was fucking tragic.

I had N'Flamez on shuffle today on my phone... it went from Jester Script Transfigured to Rusted Nail. It was fucking tragic.

Idk if it's just my ears or what, but the way the guitars are "picked" in the intro to Rusted Nail before the main (Superhero of computer rage) riff kicks in AND in the first 3 secs before Everything's Gone starts I get a quick headache.

Fucking hate the way these shits sound.

But to the OP, yes Colony and Clayman should be your favorite. They're absolutely amaze.

I think the solo in Coerced Coexistence was played by somebody else as well. From recollection neither Jesper nor Bjorn were very keen on solos at the time, though Bjorn recently seems to be interested in playing different variations of the same solo over and over again.

I think the solo in Coerced Coexistence was played by somebody else as well. From recollection neither Jesper nor Bjorn were very keen on solos at the time, though Bjorn recently seems to be interested in playing different variations of the same solo over and over again.

Yes. Kee Marcello from Europe.

Thanks, I'm really starting to see the gripe IF fans have with the new music. The old stuff had better song structure, riffs, etc... I admit that I am a fan of the new stuff, but it doesn't come close to their old work in terms of musicianship.

Some of the newer stuff has great musicianship. Come Clarity has some of the best guitar work the band has ever done. I'm not joking when I say this.

Yes, CC is a great album with lot of good guitar riffs. Crawl Through Knives is an amazing piece of music.

Come Clarity had awesome songs.

Vacuum, Reflect the Storm, Versus Terminus are my favs but plenty of other good tracks.

Almost metalcoreish at times.

Still great screaming. Particularly aggressive and emotional screaming in the verses and bridges in "Reflect the Storm"

It;s a fantastic album, although when I first got into In Flames I thought it sucked :D first two albums I heard were Clayman and Reroute, so when I heard stuff from TJR and Whoracle I was like "WTF is this shit?"

Thankfully I persevered and TJR/Whoracle are two treasured albums for me, alongside Colony and Clayman.

That's a big mistake, bro. You can't put their whole discography on shuffle, otherwise you end up with disasters like that. I'm not necessarily hating on Rusted Nail, but that's too big of a change.

I guess. I have no problem even going from The Jester Race to STYE, the only album I've omitted entirely from my N'Flaymz playlist is ASOP. Think I'm going to add SC onto the exiled list, though, as I can't help but feel angry every time an SC song ruins my listening experience.