Top five In Flames songs

metal_wrath

I dip my forefinger...
Mar 20, 2006
...in the watery blood
On this thread you can post your top five In Flames songs and explain why.

Here are mine (in no order):

December Flower, this song is as good as its title, extreme good riff on intro and verse, multiple solos, solo after first verse being a classic, lyrics are well done also.

Jotun, the intro song on Whoracle album, gives you a taste of the anthemic nature of the album, this song has it all, guitar heroic, anthem riffs, cool vocals, solos, and the guitar effects on this song are some of the best ive heard.

Jester Script transfigured, slightly boring strumming on intro and verse but is made up for with mega riff on chorus. This song has a three part solo one of the best written pieces ive ever heard and is filled with emotion. The vocals go very well with the music on this one.

Zombie Inc., my personal favorite, the lyrics/vocals on this one are the highlight. Also this has an amazing solo. There arent any bad parts in this song.

Artifacts of the Black rain, Probably In flames best live song as seen on DVD. The pace of this song is unrelenting. Intro riff is a classic and probably thier best riff which is followed by another great riff. Also the vocals are some of In Flames best. This song has a perfect solo that is timed perfectly.

Feel free to post comments or your own list

December Flower
Pinball Map
Biosphere
The Hive
Dead Eternity

Depends what kinda mood you're in though. Sometimes I like the newer stuff (r2r, STYE, CC) more than the old stuff.

Food For The Gods = Great riffage, thrashy, fast as shit. The end of the song where he belts Food For The Gods makes me wanna break something.

Everlost Pt.2 = Great outro to any mix tape or cd , The acoustics are great and this girls voice is beautiful.

Dead Eternity = Both versions with Jocke and Anders while being totally different are both killer. Love the melody in Jockes versions but love the heavy stutter crunch in Anders version.

Coerced Coexistence =This song is simply inspiring to me. every time i hear it it makes me happy. The galloping opening riff is killer.

Vacuum= The general thought on this song has been simply a good barn burner but nothing special. I disagree. I have listened to this song so many times its patheitc. Actually Take This Life, Reflect The Storm , and Vacuum have all creeped into my top Inflames songs simply for being catchy songs with catchy riffs.The melody lines in Vacuum get to me every time.

metal_wrath said:
Artifacts of the Black rain, Probably In flames best live song as seen on DVD. The pace of this song is unrelenting. Intro riff is a classic and probably thier best riff which is followed by another great riff. Also the vocals are some of In Flames best. This song has a perfect solo that is timed perfectly.

Actually if you watch and listen closely they screw up a couple times on the DVD.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Dead Eternity = Both versions with Jocke and Anders while being totally different are both killer. Love the melody in Jockes versions but love the heavy stutter crunch in Anders version.

At least you know it's Jocke in that one,everyone else thinks it's Mikael Stanne:lol:

\m/NikkiePhillie\m/ said:
At least you know it's Jocke in that one,everyone else thinks it's Mikael Stanne:lol:

I know that always cracks me up because you can see in the booklet it says lyrics by jocke Gothberg and the fact that Mike and Jocke dont sound anything alike.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
I know that always cracks me up because you can see in the booklet it says lyrics by jocke Gothberg and the fact that Mike and Jocke dont sound anything alike.

Yup. Yeah, Mike and Jocke, absolutely nothing alike. I've been listening to enough Dimension Zero to tell the difference between Stanne and Gothberg.

I can not make a list. All songs are most valuable and delicious for me :) I even can not understand how you can. Thinking about this for 10 minutes when I decide top 5, another one comes and says "Don't forget me! I rock, too!" :D

Moonshield
Artifacts Of The Black Rain
Embody The Invisible
Ordinary Story
Cloud Connected

Favorites just off the top of my head and not in order of preferance