In Flames - Watch Them Feed (and other comments)

Depth Charge

Mar 13, 2003
Visit site
Wow, I just heard this song today...and I was floored. I'm incredibly happy with it, and if this is the direction In Flames is going in, I can't complain. Shit...they're taking elements from Reroute (vocal melodies) and mixing a somewhat older guitar sound to it. I was hoping they'd do something like that.

Now I know people will always find a way to bash In Flames...people are saying the intro riff is "detuned"...well guess what, In Flames has been playing "detuned" since they started.

As far as In Flames wanting to experiment, like the Moonshield mix (which I like a lot)... Look, they're not looking to fit any molds...they just do what they wanna do. It's not like they sit there and think "Oh man, this song doesn't sound melodic death enough for all the elitists."

If they wanna experiment, but still churn out sick songs like Watch Them Feed, then I'm all for In Flames.

sasmokin.gif

Depth Charge said:
Now I know people will always find a way to bash In Flames...people are saying the intro riff is "detuned"...well guess what, In Flames has been playing "detuned" since they started.

Yes, In Flames has been playing down a couple of steps down... but they haven't been playing just dropping the 6th string down.

Please stop with these threads.

Depth Charge said:

sasmokin.gif

Funny though how they never played any twangy nu-metal riffs before that...

seventi said:
It's a good one! I was really suprised about the production. Not Fredman, not Dug Out! In my opinion it's more of a trash production

i havent heard it yet, but maybe the production sounds like utter crap because it might not have been mixed and mastered? just guessing

Agreed. After a few days of listening to it, This song is much better than anything off of R2R and I think the production is largely responsible. The main riff still irks me but there are melodies everywhere and its very aggressive. Definitly a good song.

Can anyone please share the song with the ones that donñt have Direct Connet? I was lloking for the EP on IRC, Kazza and emule...

I want to hear before buy it!!!!