In Flames - Watch Them Feed (and other comments)

Heard this new song today, and it's made my day! Absolutely awesome. Not what I expected, I was expecting a continuation down the path of Reroute to Remain to something even more commercial. But they've just taken some elements of RTR and mixed them with their old style, and it's a definite winner. An album of songs of this calibre and I will be incredibly happy.

I did notice a hell of a lot of negativity in this thread, but I just ignored it really because if other people don't like the stuff then that's just their loss. But really, I don't see the problem with this, at ALL. I mean, when I first heard Reroute to Remain, I was as taken aback as anyone. But this new song grabbed me from the first listen like the pre-RTR material did. Yes, it's downtuned. But come on, seriously - take a step back, and ask yourself if the tuning of the guitars really affects how good the song is. I think you'll find it doesn't. The riffs in this song are really cool, and they're catchy in the way that Colony/Clayman stuff is, rather than the commercial sound of Reroute to Remain. Well, except the chorus, I'll give you that. But, while it could have been put on RTR, it's a good one. It's not something like Cloud Connected which makes me roll my eyes. The vocals range from the cool raspy screams that we expect, to the kind of spoken ones that popped up a lot on Clayman, and then the clean vocals on the chorus are perfectly adequate. They're not amazing, but they don't make you cringe like they do on, say, System. There's a cool little lead guitar part in the middle, there's lots of harmony, and yeah - the drumming is a lot more aggressive. For me, this song totally rocks. It has everything I want from In Flames, and I really enjoy it. I'm sorry for those of you who think it sucks though, because I think it's a really cool song and like someone else said previously in this thread, I can't see how you wouldn't like it unless you were trying not to. I'm sure that, had this song been a preview song for Reroute To Remain, it would have been well-received and people would have been excited about the new CD.

Reactions: [0hr]Sunlapse
Moonshield said:
I did notice a hell of a lot of negativity in this thread, but I just ignored it really because if other people don't like the stuff then that's just their loss. But really, I don't see the problem with this, at ALL. I mean, when I first heard Reroute to Remain, I was as taken aback as anyone. But this new song grabbed me from the first listen like the pre-RTR material did. Yes, it's downtuned. But come on, seriously - take a step back, and ask yourself if the tuning of the guitars really affects how good the song is. I think you'll find it doesn't. The riffs in this song are really cool, and they're catchy in the way that Colony/Clayman stuff is, rather than the commercial sound of Reroute to Remain. Well, except the chorus, I'll give you that. But, while it could have been put on RTR, it's a good one. It's not something like Cloud Connected which makes me roll my eyes. The vocals range from the cool raspy screams that we expect, to the kind of spoken ones that popped up a lot on Clayman, and then the clean vocals on the chorus are perfectly adequate. They're not amazing, but they don't make you cringe like they do on, say, System. There's a cool little lead guitar part in the middle, there's lots of harmony, and yeah - the drumming is a lot more aggressive. For me, this song totally rocks. It has everything I want from In Flames, and I really enjoy it. I'm sorry for those of you who think it sucks though, because I think it's a really cool song and like someone else said previously in this thread, I can't see how you wouldn't like it unless you were trying not to. I'm sure that, had this song been a preview song for Reroute To Remain, it would have been well-received and people would have been excited about the new CD.

First listen songs like Episode 666, Inspid 2000, Zombie Inc., Man Made God, Behind Space, (and lot of others) and then listen to Watch Them Feed. Do you see what means a good song?!

Allright then.

Watch them Feed - A suckass intro, followed by some fairly ok riffs including some good ol' ATG swarmriffing. An ok song. But, how interesting is IF today anyway?

I sure hope they manage to do something a bit more newthinking for the new album. But something tells me the old fans people acutally only want a new Jester Race. It would'nt work out, that kind of melodicmetal is all drained, nothing to collect. I mean, listen to traditional melodic death acts (playing in style of ATG) today, it's pretty fucking boring, even when the riffs are good.

BTW - Sky Fire :tickled: Children of Bodom :tickled:

Well, I'm not posting here again anyway, but really - listen to the actual song instead of comparing it to their old stuff. If you want to hear their old stuff, just put it on. If you don't like the new one that's all fine, but I love it. It suits me fine this way.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the " detuned nu metal sound " But if I remember right, bands like Carcass had insane detuning, and no one seems to mind that at all.

The main riff in the song is a little weak for In Flames, but in all honesty the rest of it reminds me of a Haunted kinda song... Really speedy and the usual drum beat... Not a horrible song, has a nice solo in there and a decent lil chorus.

Not impressing, but certainly another good In Flames song.

@ moonshield people are still living in 1997 so dont worry about it, they still havent accepted the fact that In Flames is moving on to bigger and better ways...

In Flames has done more for the metal scene than any other band. They've opened up the doors for the newer bands, especially the bands that are played in local communities... A lot of bands are influenced by In Flames theres no doubt about that, whether its their new style or their old style but seriously people some of you gotta accept the fact that In Flames are still the same guys from TJR, Whorcle, Colony... these guys are still trying to influence and open up the doors the newer bands

remember you dont have to listen to the new in flames album(s), you choose to listen, so dont complain

Omg here comes the "everyone who doesnt like in flames kiddie era fuck off" army.

I do think the IF fans has a right to complain when the band completely bullshits their fans, you would do the exact same thing if the released an album you didn't enjoy, so dont act like a christian hypocrit please.

Finally I could listen to "watch them feed" and the cover "land of confusion". I really liked "wtf" it's a great song, it wouldn't bother me if the new album comes in that direction. The cover, not the best IF cover but still a good song.

Each and every one of you that are arguing here is a close-minded jackass. Being open minded means accepting other's opinions, even if that opinion is not to accept your own. I disagree with statements about drop tuning being bad, I disagree with statements about RtR being bad, I disagree with statements about the new song being bad. On the other hand, I understand they exist, and I accept them for what they are. Different from my own, that's all. Now bitch and rant all you want, but if you DON'T want to be a hypocrite, I suggest each of you leaves the close-minded issue alone. Not that you have to take my suggestion.