In Flames - Watch Them Feed (and other comments)

First of all, the opening riff is not crap.... I like it.... Just because it doesn't sound like a "swedish melodic death old school In Flames" riff does not mean its bad... I think the problem is that too many people are being very closed minded when approaching In Flames....

As for the vocals, I think the growls, whispers and singing (if you can call it that, its still pretty growly) sound very good! I don't understand why so many people have so much hatred for them.... In all honesty though, I thought Anders sounded pretty bad on TJR and Whoracle....

Overall, a good song.... it could be a bit better production-wise (the snare drum was way too loud)... and obviously it's no Jotun or Embody the Invisible, but I'm sure there is plenty of good stuff ahead for IF.

I like it...its better then any of the RtR stuff, it has a GREAT production (particularly the guitars) and its more melodic then the RtR stuff as well. I think Anders voice sounds alright, it was pretty mushy on RtR...and the drums sound pretty good to me, if a bit 'clangy'. That little solo is cool as well and thankfully a bit longer...

Overall, not bad at all. At least to my ears. Not spectacular but gets my hopes up somewhat for the future of the band.

SoilworkForever said:
will they put a better version of this on a new album you think?

Oh shit... now I just thought about it.... and if it is like a "demo" version, and after the album production, they put the song in the album... full of sinths and noises?

Don´t get me wrong, I like RtR very much, but now, enough with the bip-bip....

I would love to see Anders do at least some growling... it don´t even need to be all the time...