The Quiet Place Promo My Review

Gums said:
So you're telling me that if In Flames goes on to record another 5 albums, that people who have been fans since Clayman are STILL gonna be 'new' fans, just because "Clayman started the downfall"? Your argument makes no sense.
No, I'm not stating that because Clayman started the downfall that the fans are new. They're new because Clayman is not an old album. It's quite a recent album. The reason I put that bit in the brackets was because it's not central to my statement. Just as an aside. If he had stated he was a fan since Colony (an album I consider one of the band's high points), I would have still considered him a fairly new fan.

Who gives a shit whos a new or old fan anyway, jesus fuck. It doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan, like there's some class structure to the In Flames fanbase or something

I just heard Touch of Red. I'm not impressed. The song is definitly In Flames. But I think its boring. The guitar tone used to be better. I really do like Anders' clean vocals tho in the chorus. I'm a HUGE fan of the Passenger cd so I dig his clean vox.

He sounded great on Skydancer...a lightyear away (to the better) from Reroute To Remain. He's one of the few exceptions where the voice gets worse even at young age.

RabaFlab Rab said:
Here is the only review im giving the album if you liked Reroute to remain you will like this. everyone who was exspecting another Jester Race or Whorical. youll be waiting for that day for a very very long time, you've been waiting since colony give up. Every in flames album has had a different and good sound thats what makes them an amazing band.

You sound like a Metallica fan, "oh Metallica is an amazing band cause they always changed! black album doesn't sound like load, and reload doesn't sound like St.Anger, god they are an amzing band!"

F*ck that sh*t, just cause a band changes their sound every god damn album doesn't make them good. You can keep elements of your original sound and still sound good 10 years later..Scream Bloody Gore-Sounds of Perseverence....thats all I have to say.

WithinTheOdyssey said:
You sound like a Metallica fan, "oh Metallica is an amazing band cause they always changed! black album doesn't sound like load, and reload doesn't sound like St.Anger, god they are an amzing band!"

F*ck that sh*t, just cause a band changes their sound every god damn album doesn't make them good. You can keep elements of your original sound and still sound good 10 years later..Scream Bloody Gore-Sounds of Perseverence....thats all I have to say.
Amen

Final_Vision said:
Who gives a shit whos a new or old fan anyway, jesus fuck. It doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan, like there's some class structure to the In Flames fanbase or something
I wasn't making a point as much on his newness to the band as his intelligence level. At least what was portrayed on the board.

I have 11 out of 13 tracks from the album and I can say that there are these modern influences, but also a couple fast songs with the thrashy riffing that we know from older IF. No way a "return to their roots", but there are some hints that this element isn't completely lost. So far I like this album better than R2R, though it's still a bit too synthetic for me.

I've heard 12 of the 13 songs. And I can say I'm very impressed. Don't let the single ruin it for you. Those are the 3 worst songs on the album, rest assured.

I've been very harsh on the band in the past 3 or 4 years. Ever since the downslide that started with Clayman. But I can tell you that this is better than the last two albums. Less clean vocals this time around. And better songwriting on the whole. Much more melody than R2R. Though less solos. But let's face it...In Flames hasn't written any good solos since Colony. So, I don't care.

And heavy as fuck. F(r)iend has more metal in it than the entirety of R2R.

Needless to say, guys, I'm pleasantly surprised.

And My Sweet Shadow is one of the best songs the band has written in 4-5 years.

:headbang:

ShadowClad said:
But let's face it...In Flames hasn't written any good solos since Colony. So, I don't care.
I think the solo in Another Day In Quicksand is probably my favourite solo ever. I don't necessarily expect you to agree with that, but to say that it's not good is utter rubbish. And there are other good solos on Clayman too.

ShadowClad said:
I've heard 12 of the 13 songs. And I can say I'm very impressed. Don't let the single ruin it for you. Those are the 3 worst songs on the album, rest assured.

I've been very harsh on the band in the past 3 or 4 years. Ever since the downslide that started with Clayman. But I can tell you that this is better than the last two albums. Less clean vocals this time around. And better songwriting on the whole. Much more melody than R2R. Though less solos. But let's face it...In Flames hasn't written any good solos since Colony. So, I don't care.

And heavy as fuck. F(r)iend has more metal in it than the entirety of R2R.

Needless to say, guys, I'm pleasantly surprised.

And My Sweet Shadow is one of the best songs the band has written in 4-5 years.

:headbang:
Come on man! Only for the Weak, Brush the Dust Away, Bullet Ride, Another Day in Quicksand, Satellites and Astronauts; all great solos in my opinion.

I agree on all other points, My Sweet Shadow is just plain fucking excellent.

But you say 12 songs, have you heard all of Bottled?

Yep, I have Bottled as well. The entire song.

Anyways, none of those solos do anything for me. None really have since Colony, where their solos shine. They simply can't compare to solos like those found in Embody The Invisible, Resin, or The New Word. Or other such masterpieces like Artifacts Of The Black Rain, Stand Ablaze, or Episode 666. I liked the way their solos used to spawn from the lead guitars and flow perfectly. Nowadays, they stand out as something that probably shouldn't be there. Really, the only solos that stick out to me since Colony are the one in Bullet Ride and the one in Minus. Oh, and the one in Watch Them Feed is good too. The ONLY saving grace for that song. Maybe I should have included the often-used IMO after my statement.