The Quiet Place Promo My Review

Lev said:
they sold out for money? I didn't know you were the bands spokesman...

im not the bands spokes person but figure it out man fuck
they are trying to appeal to the mainstream to make money
it all fits so well
vocals are like gay korn vocals
they got gay as keyboard that sound like likin park bull shit and all riffs are power chords and the song structure is horrible and simple...

i agree with your point about them making music for themselves and not for the fans though.im just saying its fucking disgusting to see what WAS such a good band turn to absolute shit

I think anders is really pushing himself with his vocals which is admirable. The point about the riff being lifted from passenger is certainly spot on!

WatchMeAllINFLAMES said:
Fuck you asshole...It's not fanboy-ism...It's respect towards the band, you idiot.
I'm glad to see that In Flames are gaining intelligent new fans like you.

Comparing this to Passenger is a diss towards Passenger. However, they're two different styles of music. In Passenger, the guitars are not designed to kill you with great riffs (not that IF does this anymore), they're meant to compliment the vocals, and are less "heavy" for the sake of being "heavy" which is half of TQP. Even comparing the vocals is pretty lame, obviously it's all Anders, but his vocals in Passenger are so much better...*shrug*

Anyways, I'm pretty disappointed with this promo, as I was hoping for something in the Colony/Clayman style, and got an evolution of R2R. *sniff*

Is anyone willing to share the audio files so that i can tell you my opinion?
i am going to buy the single anyway but it would be interesting now!

honestly, i was a little dissapointed.. but i will still buy the album, when it comes out.

HeadCrusher : it has allready spredded to kazaa, so i bet that what ever p2p program you use, you will find it.. i waited the whole day for it, and the finally it came at 9pm, in a few minutes..

I kind of like these three new songs... I was really expecting they would go a bit back towards Clayman but this sounds nice too. It really does sound somewhat like Passenger, but in my opinion, a bit better. This seems to be the road In Flames has taken and we'll just have to accept it. I love the earlier IF albums and I think I will love the next albums too (well if the next ones aren't pure Linkin Park shit =))

And the starting riff in Touch of Red is great (okay a bit simple but who cares?)

WatchMeAllINFLAMES said:
New fan?? I'm listening to In Flames since Clayman...so about 4 years...
You were introduced by Clayman (an album that started the downfall). Sound like a new fan to me.

ShadowClad said:
You were introduced by Clayman (an album that started the downfall). Sound like a new fan to me.
Hrm...I started listening to In Flames during Clayman! OMFG! IM N00B!LKJLKFJD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ShadowClad said:
So you're telling me that if In Flames goes on to record another 5 albums, that people who have been fans since Clayman are STILL gonna be 'new' fans, just because "Clayman started the downfall"? Your argument makes no sense.

No wonder In Flames got fed up with their message board with all the fanboys, kinda like Opeth board revisited. Squarenothing said pretty much everything that needs to be said about the promo. Surprisingly he got flamed for it.

All I can really say is god forbid this shit from getting released. As various people have said, it would be good to see In Flames evolving, but they're doing it backwards.

I don't think there's anything admirable about Friden pushing his vocals, but I guess you mean in a different sense. To me he sounds more weary and weary album by album. On Reroute they already had vocal effects almost everywhere to cover up the fact that he just can't growl, much less sing, and it's just getting worse.