The Quiet Place Promo My Review

estigma2001

Apr 13, 2002
Lima Peru
www.geocities.com
got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First Song 3:24
the Quiet Place starts with electronic sounds, first verse only drums and electronic sounds clean voice (passenger) then chorus clean vocals (passenger), only powerchords, no guitars duos, no solos, all the song is mostly has clean vox
question.png

Second song 4:22
Starts with a riff that reminds me only for the weak, then only clean vox, bass and drums, then finally an scream and a guitar harmony quiet good, chorus kind of guttural voice, then again clean vox(verse) finally 2:21 guitar solo , melodic (Bjorn), the exit with a melodic guitar duo reminds me passanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!
question.png

Third Song 2:48
Starts like an industrail song with power chords, tantantan, then distorted voice ike r2r with the same guitar riff, chorus melodic and clean vox like passanger!!!! the same verse with the distorted vox, chorus(passenger) then a bridge with clean vox and a melodic slow solo(1:55) chorus again the exit is with the same industrial riff and the song finishes with drums.
hopefully the others song will be faster and agressive
question.png
coz this single has a dark and melodic sound

the production is the same as R2R, but Where's my In Flames? this sound like Passenger if this were the new Passenger i woul say Good!!!! but......:OMG:

yeah, they should change their name to Passenger. its not metal at all. its pure pop rock, but if you open your mind, and just forget about in flames being metal ,then you will like it

OMG!!!11 Clean voXorz liek Passenger!

seriously come on, you know that the clean vocals sucked on R2R and Anders did a much better job on Passenger - s/t. I am listening to the leak since hours now(I listened it on my way down to buy my Deep Purple ticket and back, which 84 blocks), there is noway someone who liked R2R isn't going to like this one...

First off, The Quiet Place is 100%, pure In Flames... Ok, it has those nu-elements, but if you can't stand it, shouldn't you just give up right after the release of Clayman in 2000. I mean, that background melody in the chorus is signature In Flames, couldn't be a better choice for the first single, excellent mix of old and new In Flames, showing what In Flames is all about from the beginning to the end. Groovy pre-chorus and a good chorus...

Borders and Shading: I can't understand all the lyrics, but I think Anders seriously has to get over that break-up shit and move on...:D Come on, Clayman, R2R and now this... I mean not too much important and I always prefered music over the lyrics anyway, but a change would be appreciated. As for the song good intro, great vocal effects, excellent vocal layering and an addicting chorus... Add to that a great solo and you have a winner... This solo definitely rips and is a lot better than what they have done on R2R...

Touch of Red: estigma: Go to the doc and get your ears checked or listen to some industrial... You keep comparing all the songs to Passenger, but I will compare this first riff to Dimension Zero, because it is thrashy... Again, classic In Flames riffing chord chord single note melody, stop melody, stop melody... The weakest chorus and the worst vocal performance on the promo in my opinion, but still the intro(it is the outro riff, too) riff and the melody line in the middle are more than enough to save the song in my eyes.

I would give the promo 8 out of 10. It has its weak moments and some great moments, but still it is a great mix of old and new. This one doesn't sound like Clayman, R2R or TJR for that matter, but it definitely sounds like In Flames. The production is much better than R2R, the rhythm guitars are less muddy, you can actually hear the melody and the bass lines... Also I really dig the drum sound of this album... It could be so much better considering this is In Flames, but still it exceeded my expectations. If the full album is like this or better, In Flames won me back...

Here is the only review im giving the album if you liked Reroute to remain you will like this. everyone who was exspecting another Jester Race or Whorical. youll be waiting for that day for a very very long time, you've been waiting since colony give up. Every in flames album has had a different and good sound thats what makes them an amazing band.

commandante said:

seriously come on, you know that the clean vocals sucked on R2R and Anders did a much better job on Passenger - s/t. I am listening to the leak since hours now(I listened it on my way down to buy my Deep Purple ticket and back, which 84 blocks), there is noway someone who liked R2R isn't going to like this one...

First off, The Quiet Place is 100%, pure In Flames... Ok, it has those nu-elements, but if you can't stand it, shouldn't you just give up right after the release of Clayman in 2000. I mean, that background melody in the chorus is signature In Flames, couldn't be a better choice for the first single, excellent mix of old and new In Flames, showing what In Flames is all about from the beginning to the end. Groovy pre-chorus and a good chorus...

Borders and Shading: I can't understand all the lyrics, but I think Anders seriously has to get over that break-up shit and move on...:D Come on, Clayman, R2R and now this... I mean not too much important and I always prefered music over the lyrics anyway, but a change would be appreciated. As for the song good intro, great vocal effects, excellent vocal layering and an addicting chorus... Add to that a great solo and you have a winner... This solo definitely rips and is a lot better than what they have done on R2R...

Touch of Red: estigma: Go to the doc and get your ears checked or listen to some industrial... You keep comparing all the songs to Passenger, but I will compare this first riff to Dimension Zero, because it is thrashy... Again, classic In Flames riffing chord chord single note melody, stop melody, stop melody... The weakest chorus and the worst vocal performance on the promo in my opinion, but still the intro(it is the outro riff, too) riff and the melody line in the middle are more than enough to save the song in my eyes.

I would give the promo 8 out of 10. It has its weak moments and some great moments, but still it is a great mix of old and new. This one doesn't sound like Clayman, R2R or TJR for that matter, but it definitely sounds like In Flames. The production is much better than R2R, the rhythm guitars are less muddy, you can actually hear the melody and the bass lines... Also I really dig the drum sound of this album... It could be so much better considering this is In Flames, but still it exceeded my expectations. If the full album is like this or better, In Flames won me back...
The Quiet Place is NOT 100% In Flames. It is about 50% R2R and 50% Passenger. In Flames was built upon death metal and harmonized twin lead guitar work. Not chunky riffs mixed with funky electronics. In Flames have very little (if any) of what they started out with.

Look, I'm not against clean vocals. I love bands that use clean vocals. Dark Tranquillity (during their Projector years) did such a wonderful job with them. Of course, Stanne has the ABILITY to sing. Anders has (unfortunately) the ability to whine. He is not a good singer. Not in any way, shape, or form. In fact, I consider him a bad singer. Which is why it amazes me that they're relying so much on his clean voice to carry the band these days.

Musically, they are at their simplest. Anyone who says that this music is in any way complex is simply blind by their love of the band. This music is a simple, riff-driven shadow of the former glory found on earlier releases. There is no trace of a lead guiter. And their solos have been uninspired since Clayman. I wonder why they even have two guitarists. Maybe to "chunk" up the music more...who knows?

I don't hate the tracks. They may be growers. But this is not a good way to give me an impression of the new album.

• ShadowClad said:
    The Quiet Place is NOT 100% In Flames. It is about 50% R2R and 50% Passenger. In Flames was built upon death metal and harmonized twin lead guitar work. Not chunky riffs mixed with funky electronics. In Flames have very little (if any) of what they started out with..
I don't have a problem with that, I've never really wanted to hear the same thing over and over after each album. Yeah, it's not the same In Flames we knew, but I still love it because it's quite well put together.

commandante said:

this is the best review of the new promo that i've heard. you're totally correct. it may have not had the "Watch them feed" feel we were expecting. but i'm still in heavy anticipation!

You know guys, I'm sorry, but these songs are leading up to STYE being the biggest disappointment of 2004 for me. They are all very bland songs, and not In Flames at all. Whoever described the songs as being a mix of old and new... no, just no. I know they will never go back to writing 100% melodic songs, but christ, this stuff is not good In Flames material.

Do you honestly think that if someone that has never heard In Flames before heard the promo and Clayman, that they would be able to tell it is the same band? I think not. Even the difference between Satellites & Astronauts, and let's say, The Quiet Place, is night and day. Black and white. I can't begin to stomach it.

These songs I think will be growers, atleast the Quiet Place and Borders & Shading, but for the most part, they aren't what I want to hear. I can't even see the band having fun playing these songs. Ok, Borders & Shading live: Daniel gives four 1/4 notes on the high hat, then hits a switch to trigger the synth (that takes up pretty much the whole song), begins drumming, while Jesper and Bjorn play power chords and that weak melody, and Peter chugs on the bass. Fun? :ill:

I'm not going to judge the whole album just by these three songs, because they could be the worst songs on the it, as I am really hoping. I will continue to support In Flames and go to see them at shows... but meh, atleast I still have the new Dark Tranquillity, Porcupine Tree, Pineapple Thief and Opeth albums to look forward to within the next year.

When I read all your post, I remember and I understand why the band have decided to close their official board....

You are not able to judge the work of one of the best band of the world, and with only 3 tracks that aren't officially release...

ArchY said:
You are not able to judge the work of one of the best band of the world, and with only 3 tracks that aren't officially release...
Why do I have the feeling that you wouldn't have made this comment if he had said positive things about the tracks?

well imo...

its simple. i udnerstand that inflames isnt going to return to an TJR phase. *which in my opinion is an amazing album). in fact i dont even want to hear an album like that from them again.

But what i do wanna hear is them progessive musically. We all know the talent that inflames has.. but they are really standing still with the last three releases.

sure they can write a good riff. but where are the leads/solos? it should be so simple for jesper to pump some out.. yet he doesnt. and the music really suffers as its not complex enough to the ear.. and seems shallow and as if they didnt take the music to the next level.

maybe we all need to accept that its a tease of what inflames could produce (more masterpeices) but instead they pump up an avaerge albumn for themeselves.

The three songs are growers but I certainly agree with squarenothing's point regarding Clayman. Ive seen people hear that album and their jaws have dropped; it really did revitalise my faith in metal at the time. The feel of this one is very different to that so I can see why some people are negative. I want them to develop and evolve but I also want them to blow people away. I'm still looking forward to hearing the new album though.

I like the songs, nice to see In Flames evolving once again ...

Dont listen to this if :

You only listen to NWOSDM,
You are narrow minded,
You didnt liked R2R,
You expect TJR part 2,
You need your 30 second guitar solo in each song

... to the rest, you may enjoy this ... or not ...