Guess who's opening for Soulfly?

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
Me!! Lol we got the opening slot for the Orlando show, I guess we're doing direct support right before them. I hope the crowd doesn't hate us for having melody lol, I doubt it we always get a great response. Also we got the opening slot for Ill Nino on Friday, woo! I've been so lucky to open for so many artists who have inspired me. Add these to Geoff Tate, Mushroomhead, Soil, Hed pe, Taproot, Hate Eternal...all good times. But the Soulfly one is probably the one I'm most excited about. The day we open for Anthrax will probably be my last show as I will never be able to top that:D

Thanks so much guys! Yes SD I'll definitely take care of my gear this time, ironically it's at the same venue where that shit went down with Geoff Tate, I'll keep it together! It's us then Havok and Soulfly, I'm anticipating no stage room as I'm sure there will already be gear on stage but we'll still tear it up. I'll try my best to get a pic with Max to post here but I suck at that stuff I'm shy lol:tickled:

Apparently a huge douche bag, thinks he's the shit, treats locals like shit, etc
OK thanks man I'll give a heads up to everyone tomorrow, especially my guitar player who manages the band. That's the one thing with playing with nationals that sucks, there are definitely egos involved always. We pride ourselves on being perfect gentlemen and professional to all bands and promoters we play with, not just because it's good business-wise but just because we are happy friendly people and are glad we get to do what we do, even in crappy shows. We're happy all the time that's the way to live! I hope the crowd receives us well but if not I'm going to have a good time anyway!:DLess than a week away I'll give the update!:kickass:

Did the show last night, it went well! The packed crowd seemed to like us but they may have just been being polite lol. We only got 5 songs so we blasted them out. I didn't talk to Max before the club opened even though we were all mingling together but he did say hi to my drummer so I assume he wasn't an arrogant dick lol. Havok was good and Soulfly as well, Max has put on weight and didn't seem into it, very little energy. His bass player was super-intense and I could tell we had the same influences as he was aggressive as hell. Their drummer was a real young kid and he was awesome. At their merch booth they had a sign saying you can meet Max and go on their bus for pictures for $100 lol. I took a pic of that, priceless. Overall it was good, for next we hit up the promoter to open for Megadeth here soon but haven't heard anything so don't think it's going to happen. Great night and great fun though!

Seriously $100??? I can understand bands charging for a M&G but that's fucking ridiculous.

What an arrogant wanker. I think someone forgot where they came from.

Max Cavalera is a legend. The dude has earned the right to do whatever he pleases. That kid who,ripped own drums is his son. 100 bucks to meet him and have your stuff signed by one of your biggest heros may not be that steep.

The bass player is Tony Campos who used to be in Static X..played on the last Prong album, Ministry, and is in a death metal band with Dino from fear factory called Assecino.

Marc Rizzo is one of the best guitar players in the metal world hands down.

I have been a Sepultura fan since Beneath The Remains came out on tape. I have followed Max ever since. I have seen Soulfly every tour since the first and have never one time been disappointed. In fact Soulfly has always put on great live shows every time I have seen them no matter who was in the band.

Max is getting older and is still playing metal music and doing it well.

The new album has some really great songs on it such as this one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uqqswu-VzDs&desktop_uri=/watch?v=uqqswu-VzDs

I saw cavalera conspiracy a few times as well and they were amazing