guestbook gone, so I post here

Hey! Great to hear the band is back together. :D

By the way, I think y'all played with Critical Path one time at the Thunderdome, right? Well, Rick is our new (2nd) guitarist!!! We're excited, because he rocks!

Doing shows together would be fun. We'll have to try and set something up.

By the way, we have 2 shows coming up soon - Seven Witches at Jaxx (02/19) and Sonata Arctica at Jaxx (04/13). If you're interested in either, we have tickets and can use the support.

Rock on!
- Matt

Well, come out to support Odin's Court then! SW is supposed to really cool live, so that will be an added bonus if you like them. It's only $12. Let me know if you can make it. :D

Frostburg? I have several good friends who went there. I take it you're playing the college?

Oh, and just because a show is far doesn't mean I won't go - I've driven a long way to support bands who support us ;) - but you're right in this case. I live deep in SoMD - Frostburg is a 4 hour drive for me (at least)...

One more thing - if you want to check out SW music, let me know. I can send you some songs to sample them. Hit me up on PM, and I'll give you my screennames for AIM, MSN, Yahoo, or whatever it is you usually use.

Hey Trevor,

Glad to see that Burning Shadows is getting things back in gear too!

Yes, you are corect -- you weren't in the band when y'all played a show with my old band, Critical Path @ the Thunderdome. Hell, that was about two years ago! We did an all progressive/power metal night along with Division.

Tell Tim and whoever else is left from that era that I said "Hi." It will be really cool to be playing a show together again. Congrats on getting the show! As far as some of your questions, I maybe able to help. Although I personally have never played there, much of the policies sound the same as the T-Dome where I've played numberous times.

What do they expect? For you and your bandmates to promote the hell out of the show and sell as many tickets as possible. The more tickets you sell, the better yor chances of coming back for future shows. Don't sell enough, it will be almost impossible to get on Jay's good side again. You guys should be collectively shooting for 30-40 tickets -- minimum! It is EXTREMELY important that you push hard and do this.

Depending on how things work out with the headliner, openers usually get somewhere between 30-45 minute sets. Occasionally, if the headliner is particularly cantankerous or something goes wrong, opening bands can get cut from the show altogether. Although from what I understand, this isn't all that common at Jaxx. The guys in Seven Witches are supposed to be awesome to work with, so I'm not expecting any surprises at ths show.

As far as I know, the merch is handled individually by the bands and all profits remain the bands. I know that is how it was at T-Dome and think I hear dit was the same at Jaxx. Matt can chime in better with this part!

Anyhow, we're all really pumped about this show too! It should be a great time and be great exposure. I look forward to meeting you in person, seeing BS play again, and hanging out with everyone!

Take care,

Killer! Glad y'all are doing the gig with us. :D

As for Jaxx, just promote, show up on time, have a good attitude, act professional, and all that (things that you probably do anyway) and you'll be fine. You do need to make sure you either sell tickets or have people buy at the door and say they came to see you. If you want to come back I mean. ;)

It's a blast to play there. The staff is great, the sound system is great, the fans who come out are receptive. You'll have a lot of fun.

Looking forward to meeing you!

Metal on!