Guilty Pleasures (80's songs)

Listen to Naked Eyes, Talk Talk, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Cure, New Order, The Fall, Aztec Camera, Bauhaus, The Smiths, Dinosaur Jr, XTC, Thomas Dolby, The Replacements, Husker Du, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Sonic Youth, Sisters of Mercy, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Public Image Ltd, Roxy Music, etc, etc...

I like Everybody's working for the weekend by Loverboy. Dunno why either, their singer sounds like a female 90's techno singer.

I read the thread title, I did post one 80's song after you posted that. Anyway to make you shut up.
adjust your attitude, think before you post wise ass comments, were all just people here and the point made was legit and made tactfully

working for the weekend is a decent song and became one of the standards played on certain radio stations that cater to that generation for everyones friday afternoon ride home from work. Now that were on that subject I can think of another good one, Im not sure what the proper title is or the band but it was kinda funky. "Theres a party in my pants". Of course they always played "take this job and shove it" too, others I cant think of now. Rush "Working Man" but thats not from the 80's though thats when it got most of its air play.

Despite not even being born in the 80s I like:

Billy Idol - White Wedding and Rebel Yell

now the totally guilty stuff:

Dead or Alive - You spin me round
Samantha Fox - Touch Me (love it for some reason)
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Cameo - Word Up
Europe - The Final Countdown, Cherokee and Carrie (yep!)

woo a Rover SD1. The door fell off of that when it went over the rough ground at speed in Top Gear today :(.

Billy Idol "Rebel Yell" was a really good one. I also like a lot of stuff by the 80's Madonna. I like most all of her singles I can recall except "Like a Virgin". I like White Girl Pop :loco: I don't actively listen to it though.

...oh, and also the motherfucking Cars.

Fuck yes! They have some great tunes.

Some 80's songs that I love:

Foreigner - Jukebox Hero
Foreinger - Urgent / Waiting for a Girl like You
Yes - basically all of 90125 and a few others off Big Generator and Tormato
Scorpions - Rock You etc / No One Like You
Europe - Final Countdown
Judas Priest - You've Got another Thing Comin

Fuck can't think of the many others!