Guitar/Bass DI Sample Library and Programming

It's a simple enough concept.. have notes of a guitar/bass recorded for circa 10 seconds each, make a library of them, and program them somehow via vsti or something.

Has anybody done this before? I will be delving into this soon as a way to write some guitar music without the actual ability to play.
The reasoning for that is I can come up with "cool" riffs and have no way to express them to my guitarist because I don't know anything about music theory.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this? What would be the best way to go about doing this?

I personally have this old stanalone drum program called Drumsite that also loads in other samples into sample groups so that you can program virtually anything else right on the same graphic interface as the drums.
But that'd be so inconvenient because I can't have the guitar signal reamped via POD Farm at the same time.

Electri6ity. Gosh I'll never be able to spell that name correctly without checking with google.

I would say NI Kontakt is the first choice. Once you have created a lib. in kontakt format, anyone can use it via the play version of it. There are some bass libs out there, but never found one with round-robin multi-sampling. It would be killer...