Guitar cables

I've been using Core One Creative X2 cables for recording guitar and bass.
They make my cheapo cables feel quite flimsy and weak in comparison and they sound amazing

A little off topic but close enough.......I know the goal is to use the shortest possible cord while recording.......what is some of the length's you guy's use?(please no dick jokes) 10 ft isn't to long is it?

Plus i love and use Planet Waves only

20 feet cables here.
Good cables of a long length will sound clearer than a short, cheap cable

Currently using 2 meter Canare cables with Neutrik connectors. Been meaning to switch over to Mogami with Neutrik Gold in order to 'conform' all the cabling in the home studio to the same standard. Even the inside of the DIY outboard gear my friend makes for me is wired with Mogami. Sometimes the Neutrik/Canare cables lose contact in some jacks and it can be a pain in the ass.

All my cable runs are as short as they can possibly be.

A little off topic but close enough.......I know the goal is to use the shortest possible cord while recording.......what is some of the length's you guy's use?(please no dick jokes) 10 ft isn't to long is it?

Plus i love and use Planet Waves only

I use 6' (that's a little less than 2 meters for you overseas guys) cable when I record. I keep that shit as short as it can be while maintaining comfort.

I've always had a preference for cloth covered guitar cables - no particular reason I can point to, but I do like the look of them. As for brands, I've been buying the C.B.I. Gold Rush instrument cables for a few years now - they are made with 20 gauge wire and G&H Bigfoot connectors. Supposedly they are the Gibson Custom Shop cable of choice for whatever that's worth, but I do think the black and gold cloth outer casing is sharp looking as hell, plus they are not that expensive - only $21.95 for a 15 footer.

p28491.jpg

It's definitely best to keep cables as short as possible whenever possible, especially with passive pickups! (not as much of an issue with actives because of the internal buffering)

And yeah, CBI and ProCo both make really quality budget cables :headbang:

It's a bit more than I'd like to be honest, especially with passives!

I solder my own XLR and speaker cables, I just don't like dealing with the braided sleeve on coax. cables (although this pic kinda confuses me - I didn't realize the braiding could be twisted into a wire, I thought it just had to be soldered directly on - is that how you guys do it?)

I solder my own XLR and speaker cables, I just don't like dealing with the braided sleeve on coax. cables (although this pic kinda confuses me - I didn't realize the braiding could be twisted into a wire, I thought it just had to be soldered directly on - is that how you guys do it?)
Yes. You can un-braid the strands and then twist them. I usually put a little heat shrink on it to cover the part I don't need to solder as well.

planet waves are great. george ls are pretty good too.
or just diy. As long as the wire doesnt suck and its got neutrik jacks i couldnt care less.