Guitar Center, NAMM Targeted In Pricing Lawsuit

Furthermore, when I had problems with my rig and I contacted them, they told me to call Mesa directly. Last I checked, places want you to usually return to the place of purchase and go through them. This store doesn't seem to want to deal with service, just sales (which services should be considered all the same). Pisses me off when I have to go there.

just because someone is an authorized dealer doesn't mean that they're an authorized repair center

my mackie onyx 1640 died on me a few months back...and even though there's probably a dozen mackie retailers within 100 miles of me, i had to send it to nashville(from indiana) to be repaired, because that was their closest authorized repair center.

while it would be more convenient to take shit back to where you got it, manufacturers also don't want their product being worked on by people who don't know how to diagnose and repair problems properly...or who, even worse, could fuck stuff up even more!

just because someone is an authorized dealer doesn't mean that they're an authorized repair center

No, and thats not what I said either is it? ;)

AFAIK most places want you to return the item to the store it was purchased, they ship it back to the factory or the "warranty center" and you pick it back up from the store. The idea is stupid, I know...it is easier to go straight to the factory but when you get conditioned to go back to the place of purchase with everything, you are then conditioned to think that your amp should go there too.

Anyways....carry on...