guitar EQ,GT5 question..

Commence Destruction

Carnage Serenade
Nov 20, 2002
Texas
Visit site
what frequencies do you guys sugget I accentuate for the following tones

Vehemence,Diabolical Masquerade,Daylight Dies,early Opeth(already got a bwp and on tone)

leadwork as well,I always figured layering effects would be simple but its come to be a frustrating prospect thus when I try to get a lead tone down it ends up coming out toooo thin,I use a gt5 and ive been experimenting using a distortion pedal in front of the preamp to drive it? but this result just gives me horrible digital noise and harshness,the attack sounds nice though,but the overtones just fuck it all up,also about applying compressor,how do I go about setting it up properly for clean and distorted tones? limiter too if anyone knows how to work those by chance...

The Kataklsym guitarist told me he uses The Line 6 Flextone II with a Ibanez Tube Screamer, he uses half the gain on The Line 6 and uses the Tube Screamer for the gain. Could have been vise versa but yes.

Using two distortions at once will never work if they are digital processors. But you might want to try the concept above, and see what kinda of tone you can get out of it, I dont see why it wont work. Yeah you need a noise gate ns-2 boss petal always does the trick.