Guitar Help?

enchanted_nightmare

House of the Dead
Mar 27, 2004
Surrey
tmessiah.cjb.net
Can anyone help me.
one day i was playing my guitar and the sound and everything was ok.
but when i started to play it the next day, the sound was really weak and i had lost A LOT of tone in my bridge pick-up (Treble - on pick up selector coz i got a Shitty little 'Vintage' Les Paul .. the make - Vintage.)
its not my amp coz other guitars sound fine, so its just my bridge pick-up thats wrong and its lots alot of tone.
wat happened? why did this happen?
Help! :confused:

did you check if your cable (its plugs) or maybe the jack of your guitar is the problem?
does the sound change if you "move" the plug while it's in the jack?

"loosing sound" does often happen to be caused by such things (at least thats what I found out.....)

If it is only in your bridge pickup, your selector switch or volume pot or tone pot might be dirty. Simply by working them back and forth vigorously might fix them. If that does help the sound, but doesn't repair it completely you can go to Radio Shack and ask for some "contact cleaner." It is an aerosol and usually comes with a small straw. You can spray that stuff just in a three second burst or so and work it back and forth, and try that a few times and see if that repairs the problem.

If none of that works, you probably have some problems with one of your pots, your switch or pickup and it will likely need to be replaced.

Bryant

Bryant said:
If it is only in your bridge pickup, your selector switch or volume pot or tone pot might be dirty. Simply by working them back and forth vigorously might fix them. If that does help the sound, but doesn't repair it completely you can go to Radio Shack and ask for some "contact cleaner." It is an aerosol and usually comes with a small straw. You can spray that stuff just in a three second burst or so and work it back and forth, and try that a few times and see if that repairs the problem.

If none of that works, you probably have some problems with one of your pots, your switch or pickup and it will likely need to be replaced.

Bryant
bryant ..no offense but please change that picture..its 2004 now