Guitar picks from Blakkheim

TheNever

Back from the grave....
Oct 20, 2001
Chicago
www.shatteredmetal.com
Anybody buy these? I'm gonna order some but i'm waiting on more shirts, since the only one i see that i want is BMD. Any pics of the picks?
tickled.gif
Thanks guys.

I haven't bought any but they do look cool. Too bad their the crappy teardrop shape though. I use the big rounded triangle-like picks. Much better, in my opinion.

I got one free with a Bloodbath logo shirt. I actually didn't see it at first, until I saw something had fallen out and stuck to the tape. It looks cool (thin and white with red writing). No pics though.

Mantraschism said:
Bah, thin picks are for shit, unless you're just strumming on an acoustic guitar all the time. Can't understand why anyone uses them. Not that I would complain if some of these picks found their way to my address, though....

Gives a different tone, slightly

Mantraschism said:
Bah, thin picks are for shit, unless you're just strumming on an acoustic guitar all the time. Can't understand why anyone uses them. Not that I would complain if some of these picks found their way to my address, though....

it depends on how you pick......I hold my pick backwards....and strum with my pick in a chopping motion against the string....with the opposite side of the pick hitting first....hmmm....its hard to explain....the backside of the pick hitting first instead of the frontside......

thin/ medium picks are essential to me or I would be breaking strings more than I do....

If you're breaking strings often, maybe you're picking too hard. And I hold my pick pretty much the same way as you described, unless I'm mistaken, but I still use 1.5mm or 2 mm. Not saying that my way is the right way, but it just seems that thin picks are obviously inferior in that there is a short delay (and my short, I mean, a thousandth of a second or so) between the time that your pick hits the string and the time that the string actually sounds, whereas with a thick pick it's instantaneous. That minute delay really is noticeable, too. I can't think of a time where a thin (medium has its uses) pick is ever preferable. I don't know, maybe it's just a holdover from the days where I was all about shredding, but then again, the reason why thick picks are best for that is because they're so much more precise. And precision is desirable no matter what style you're playing. Although medium picks, as said before, are usually better for acoustic, because the strings feel tauter on an acoustic than on an electric, usually, and thinner pick + tighter strings can produce a nice sound -- not completely crisp, but pleasant. Same applies for nylon string, I'd say.

P.S. Just so that there's no confusion as to what I mean when I say 'thin', I mean those really thin little bastards that you could practically fold into an airplane.

burton said:
@Deliverance's pic: I want the black triangle one. =/ Same type of pick that I use.

ah.. but would ya play with it ? dunno maybe cuz it would coast me alot to get one of these cuz I live way too far from Sweden, and my country is economically fukked to have :

2.00 EUR Euro = 5.63522 BRL Brazil Reais
1 EUR = 2.81761 BRL 1 BRL = 0.354911 EUR

.. i think i wouldn't play with it.. but just keep it as a souvinir.. :yuk:

OF COURSE I WOULD PLAY WITH IT. Why not? It's a pick. I'd just stop using it when the logo is about to be completely worn off. =D

i use carbon nylon? ones. its ony 1mm but you cant bend it! so its really hard and really thin.
perfect for the shred :D

I have the big black Kata-plec. Really like it. I'm playing it since ages, and it still rules. Used it on every gig with my band Elane. The only plec I haven't lost. Good karma...

my fav pic is dunlop big stubby, 3 mm.. it is an awesome guitarpic.

or, for soft music, i use the blue ones with a turtle on them..
(i still dont know the name after about 10 years of using them, but i have tryed a lot of different ones, and theese are the only ones i like... and my guitarstore always holds them :) )

Unicorn said:
I have the big black Kata-plec. Really like it. I'm playing it since ages, and it still rules. Used it on every gig with my band Elane. The only plec I haven't lost. Good karma...

Wanna know how you could get even better karma? Send me the pick. >_>

I used to use JazzIII picks. Those are really good for fast playing. But crap for rythm cause they are so small