Guitar players a little help.

foulwing

Baphomet's Messiah
Jan 31, 2004
I recently bought a Fernandes Monterey Guitar but cannot find what type it is.. all i know is that is a sort of metallic yellow, and has a pick guard. unlike the newer monterey guitars.. it is defenetly not from 2001 or newer. who do i know if its and x, pro, or elite? and any experience with fernandes guitars? are they good are they bad? and what kind of upgradres should i make? i basicly Death, black metal and hardcore... and a little bit of experimentations like with bond-esque guitars.. so is this a good guitar for me? it basicly has a sort of a les paul tone. or atleast tahts what ive been getting havent really tried it really.

foulwing said:
I recently bought a Fernandes Monterey Guitar but cannot find what type it is.. all i know is that is a sort of metallic yellow, and has a pick guard. unlike the newer monterey guitars.. it is defenetly not from 2001 or newer. who do i know if its and x, pro, or elite? and any experience with fernandes guitars? are they good are they bad? and what kind of upgradres should i make? i basicly Death, black metal and hardcore... and a little bit of experimentations like with bond-esque guitars.. so is this a good guitar for me? it basicly has a sort of a les paul tone. or atleast tahts what ive been getting havent really tried it really.
I will say it like this: It doesn't matter what type of guitar it is. What matters is personal taste to you. If you like the way it plays and sounds then play it. I am not trying to be funny. I own several guitars and my favorite "player" is a cheap Korean made Ibanez. I would fight hell for that guitar and it is the least expensive one that I own. That;s not to say you will find a "cheap" guitar that plays as well as mine, but just play the thingt and if it plays well, keep doing it, if not, sell it and get another one. Guitars are ALL different even production line (lower end) guitars.

Bryant

Fernandes is generally a very-less expensive line... otherwise known as a budget guitar.

Does yours have a wood or plywood body? If it's plywood, I would say its utter crap, but something plays well and sounds nice is worth whatever you're willing to pay for it.

Maybe you should contact Fernandes directly? Or try to find an owners group... if there is one for them...

Well, some are more expensive than others. I would definitely agree about going to harmony-central.com and read the reviews, if they exist. I have tried contacting Fernades about specs on the Ravelle and have received no response. They have very few Authorized dealers in the US or really anywhere outside of Asia. But, regardless of what exact model the guitar is, if you like playing the thing and it feels comfortable, the sound is good, and yadayada, who cares? If you are worried you paid more for the thing than it is worth, then why buy it in the first place. If you don't know about a specific brand of guitar, then you need to do some research before spending money.