Guitar - Post Podfarm Production

xxmattattackxx

New Metal Member
Oct 3, 2011
Curious to see what kind of stuff other people like to do in their chains after Podfarm (or pre-Pod). Eq, compression, reverb, eq again?

Hoping to get some insight to better my guitar mix, maybe even some suggestions on where to evolve past my current UX2 as an interface setup.

Lightly. I limit harder than I compress. I only compress within pod farm as a sort of "glue"

I don't put reverb on the guitars. I just double track them and pan them. If I want a more "live" sound I'll add some of the room into the cab mic in pod farm.

Alright. I double track and full pan, but I keep hearing very back and forth opinions on whether to reverb bus the guitars ever so slightly.

On another note, I record with a Podfarm as my interface. Would it be suggested or beneficial for me to put a DI box inbetween my guitars and the Pod?

Alright so I've slightly done some reading and gained the understanding that my UX2 does NOT have a hi-z input and I was slightly directed to the Motu Zbox. But I'm wanting to spend a decent amount of money and slowly start piecing together a real interface hardware setup I can use effectively.

Now should I get the Zbox or would a Radial passive DI that converts hi and low signal do the same? My understanding is still a bit fuzzy, so all assistance is appreciated. ;]