outboard tube preamp for podfarm guitars

Pdennis89

Jan 8, 2011
okay so i have a pod studio ux2 and a presonus studio channel with a tube pre, vca comp, and parametric eq. now i was wondering if it would be advantageous to run my guitars and bass through the tube pre and into podfarm. i feel like it would help clear up a bit of that digital sound, but im also five quarters retarded so i thought id ask you guys.

Most of you will say that it is a shit, but my budget is low and I like it. I use a Behringer MIC200 pre. It adds that valve sound and makes the sound better. If you wish you can change the default valve for a better one. It comes with a Bugera tube.
I like what this pre adds to my guitar sound.

It would make more sense to me to track whatever in podfarm and then run the track out of your computer reamp style trough the presonus, eq it and saturate it a little bit and record it back in. It might be cool. Let us know

Most of you will say that it is a shit, but my budget is low and I like it. I use a Behringer MIC200 pre. It adds that valve sound and makes the sound better. If you wish you can change the default valve for a better one. It comes with a Bugera tube.
I like what this pre adds to my guitar sound.

+1
I used to have a MIC200 and always ended up using the valve setting for guitars, I found it smoothed out some fizziness. I also really liked it as a bass DI. I should really buy one of them again, or the ART version. See how it stands up to the preamps in my ZED.

I can only say that I own the smaller model, MIC100 and it's really quite good considering its price, it's not shit. Wonder if changing the tube would actually make it even more decent.

Replacing the tube on that would do absolutely nothing, it's a starved plate design, it only receives a small voltage from the tube so it would be pointless to replace it.

It would make more sense to me to track whatever in podfarm and then run the track out of your computer reamp style trough the presonus, eq it and saturate it a little bit and record it back in. It might be cool. Let us know

What would be the difference? Your end signal is still dry guitar through the pre, right?

I never use the input on my ux1. I always record through an outboard pre, kind of using the ux1 as a "dongle."

What would be the difference? Your end signal is still dry guitar through the pre, right?

I never use the input on my ux1. I always record through an outboard pre, kind of using the ux1 as a "dongle."

+1

Running things through your preamp and then into UX1 sounds like more work than you have to do. I almost never record DIs with my UX1 if I have a better interface on-hand, I just use it as a dongle to authorize pod farm.