GUITAR PRO 6 is out

that sucks... I like to have both the fretboard and the keyboard open... Maybe I'll just stick to Tuxguitar or maybe even GP5 if I'll be able to find it somewhere

yep. Also, i've noticed one BIG shitty thing : now you don't even have the choice, you don't hear the note when you write it. For me it's important since it's the way I check if I'm not writing something dissonant without checking the whole playback hitting "enter" (which automatically moves the cursor and so you have to replace it to go on writing... a pain)

Preferences -> Playback while editing?

Awesome! :D

Looks really cool and sounds better than expected.

But that you can't tab some things (without a workaround) is a bit of a let down.

Hi all,

I think i read somwhere that the 8 stringis supported i will check it out again. Im sure the 7 was supported in the 5 because i use it often. I find it weird that the midi numbers for drums are not available. From what i read quickly in audio fanzine a guy was saying that you can press CTRL+F6 to see the drum as an instrument and press on a piece to have it written down but when ure used to numbers.. I also remember that with the 5 you could load songs in version 4 but not vice versa. Im assuming some of these things if not all should remain the same

I personally dont mind the RSE. well not really just that i like it. The reason for that is i often right solos or ideas for the band buddies to listen and get ready for them before we jam. We can also discuss what i have done, and trust me for some to imagine how it really sounds when they are listening to midi is a wrok in progress haha.

Anyways lets see what happens :)

well at least i agree that theres no need to turn it into a guitar rig or amplitube for writing song notation haha