GUITAR PRO 6 is out

what, no more midi notes for drum programming (36, 40 etc)????

forget it :D those numbers are etched into my brain ^^

anyone know if 8 string guitars are finally supported? a pain to program 2 7 string guitars instead....

anyone know if 8 string guitars are finally supported? a pain to program 2 7 string guitars instead....

Reading is your friend. :)

Guitar Pro is first and foremost a software designed to edit tablatures for guitar, bass, and other fretted instruments from 4 to 8 strings.

Where the hell can you choose wether you want the tab, the score, or both to be shown ?

EDIT : also maybe we could make the midi note appear in the drums whan the tab is shown ?

And, I lack a thing that could seem nothing to some, but for me it's important. When the neck is shown, I always use "show time + measure", and it shows every note from the same measure in white so that you can expect them. But now, it only shows the highest note on each string from the same measure. Which means not all notes from the same measure are shown, and it's quite confusing for someone like me who likes to train on a tab trying to follow it on the screen. For example, a riff that is played on the same string : it won't show every future note of the same measure because at each moment the cursor is sticked to the played note because its rule is now not to show 2 notes on the same string at the same moment... It sucks a lot because it's useless now for me.

Ok I got it for tabs, it's now on "Track : Properties" (I'm not sure it's the translation, it's in french for me) = F6.

Seems like I'll have to check if I can write drums without the midi notes because I'm a lot used to it.

"Show time + measure" seems bugged, it won't show more than 1 note "played".

Gave the demo a try...

I'm fine with it, but where the hell is the keyboard? I always have both the fretboard (which is now named "instrument panel", apparently) and the keyboard visible when I compose.
+1, I dont use it all the time but it happens sometimes.

I think it's a shame to remove it, for all people who write with a piano all the parts that are not guitaristics (keys, pads, strings, orchestra etc)

srsly? there's no keyboard? wtf is this shit?

what about the people who actually compose stuff other than just guitar, like... well, MOST people who use GP?

yep. Also, i've noticed one BIG shitty thing : now you don't even have the choice, you don't hear the note when you write it. For me it's important since it's the way I check if I'm not writing something dissonant without checking the whole playback hitting "enter" (which automatically moves the cursor and so you have to replace it to go on writing... a pain)

srsly? there's no keyboard? wtf is this shit?

what about the people who actually compose stuff other than just guitar, like... well, MOST people who use GP?

No, we were just saying you cannot have the keyboard which represents the notes of the melody, as well as the neck. You know, on 4 or 5, you have the choice to see what is happening on a neck or a keyboard.

The 128 midi instruments will never change (but, RSE does not include those 128 instruments... but RSE is crap anyway) so you will still be able to write anything technically possible in midi, like before.

Also, if you want the keyboard to appear, you have to CREATE a keyboard track. But in this case, no neck will appear.. If you want a keyboard on a guitar track, you have to create a piano track for example, and change the instrument to guitar, and vice-versa. You cannot choose, and it seems a lot of things are not allowed to choose in this version of guitar pro which is quite difficult to understand.