guitar recording help

rockafromhell6

New Metal Member
Aug 21, 2009
hi, im pretty new here and too recording ive been reading on this forum for a while but could never sign up haha

ive been trying to record tracks for my bands drummer and havent been able to get a not so fizzy guitar track and im not completely sure how to fix i was wondering if anyone could help. only thing i could think of for it being fizzy is my pickups they're the ESP LH-150 humbuckers
which ive always noticed to give off a weird hissing frequency. will hopefully be upgrading to blackouts soon

heres link
http://imstillreallybored.com/show.mp3

any help would be appreciated

and sorry for the sloppy playing still putting the song together and trying to figure out what goes where

do you have any pointers on how i could make them sound more full and large though? i know bass is a big part and ill record it probably in a few minutes and see how it goes.

im pretty much new to all of this so anything would be great

im using this guitar
esp f50 with stock pickups hoping to get blackouts sometime soon
using EMU tracker pre

guitar>DI>Reagate>Revalver w/ guitarhack impulse>hp and lp

i think you guitar sound is already too full ..then we must see with the bass and balance the low frequencys (guitars/bass).i think your medium and hi frequencys are very good ! must mix with tracks emsemble ...you may be trying an Expander stereo imager ;)

I cant seem to get that much of a saturated tone out of Revalver....I'm actually about to post a link with a song I was working on today for my bands demo. I want to reamp the guitars, but dont have the necessary boxes.....so we may just go Revalver. What are your amp sim settings?

i found a preset awhile ago and tweaked it a little i can upload it and post it later when i get home.

i just used guitarhack powertube jj half inbetween on one guitar and some other one ill check later